Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil gets a second season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Daredevil gets a second season Reply with quote

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-news-article/2015-04-21-DAREDEVIL-Season-2

Great news. They must be very happy with the reaction to this first season.
Nanka
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Punisher Reply with quote

If Marvel has regained the rights to the Punisher, then I think that a really good story arc could explore themes that focus on justified killing. Already, season one has explored a moral dilemma concerning the conflict that can exist between law and justice as it touches on the protection and defence of innocents, and I think that it would be interesting to see how Daredevil reacts to a character who has taken the most violent stance in resolving that moral dilemma.

Also, I want to see the Rose as a potential antagonist.
mhs_111
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Daredevil gets a second season Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-news-article/2015-04-21-DAREDEVIL-Season-2

Great news. They must be very happy with the reaction to this first season.

8 more month! big OUCH!
still good news tho...

"...I don't have sixth sense
I just don't have the fifth."~Virge
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Villains? Reply with quote

Possible villains for season 2? Besides Bullseye and Elektra, are there other street level characters you wouldn't mind making appearances?

Typhoid Mary?
Ox?
Paladin?
Bullet?
Punisher?
The Enforcers?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Elektra and Typhoid Mary in the same season. I personally think the two characters are very different (when Elektra is portrayed as originally portrayed and not "MWOF crazy Elektra"), but Typhoid Mary has always suffered from accusations that she's a bad knockoff Elektra and I don't think she'd benefit from appearing at the same time.

Even though the Enforcers do have a Daredevil connection, they've always been slightly more campy, which makes me feel they fit better with Spider-Man (that means no Ox either). Granted, they could be used generically with no issues whatsoever and I bet they'd work fine. Bullet is another example of someone who'd be perfect generically and I'd love to see him any time next season that Daredevil needs to fight a tough guy. But I will admit I like his father/son dynamic that will probably be lost.

Definite yes to Punisher, definite no to Paladin. I think Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, and Bullseye (as four different takes on the law and violence) would be pretty good right there.

If the Hand show up season 2, I'd love to see Kirigi. He's not a street level character, though, I suppose.

I also want to see the Gladiator (i.e., Melvin Potter in costume). I then want to see Matt defend Melvin in trial.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Mike. I agree. Definitely not Typhoid and Elektra in the same season. I would love to see Typhoid in a later season.

I was just going through some old books and picking more street level characters that have appeared.

Is Elektra, Punisher, hand, and Bullseye too much for one season? How do you think they will introduce Elektra? Will Kingpin hire her from jail to go after Daredevil?

I would say hand heavy at the beginning and maybe elektra coming after him mid-season with the flashbacks similar to sticks showing how he met her.

I think if the punisher shows it should also be late season. Who knows... we may see them announce a punisher series in the next few months.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Larry Cranston show up as an antagonist in the courts, and then later at the end of the season or so have him start hating Matt to set him up as a villain for future seasons.

As for season 2 you have to do Bullseye and Elektra. And I want the Kingpin to come back at least behind the scenes.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomam wrote:

Is Elektra, Punisher, hand, and Bullseye too much for one season? How do you think they will introduce Elektra? Will Kingpin hire her from jail to go after Daredevil?

I will say that, way back when before the first season aired, I tried to plot season one and season two. My season two juggled a lot of the same ideas that are still available, but it felt like it was difficult to pull off. But my idea is to set the season around the trial of Wilson Fisk and Fisk, in jail, is attempting to pull off a way to get out (there are some concerns I have about this, but I'll put them aside for now) and hiring people like Bullseye. But the main idea is to contrast the idea of the law vs. vigilantism. You have Daredevil, who is clearly breaking the law to be a vigilante, but still has faith in the law. Then you have Punisher who wants to achieve the same goals, but has no faith in the law. Then you have Elektra, who has no faith in the law so she pursues her own goals instead (but still cares about others). Finally, you have Bullseye, who doesn't care about the law at all. He's all about doing what's good for him and is a flat out mercenary for hire.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing the state of play of the rights issues, it would definitely be interesting to have Punisher show up.

And Elektra and Bullseye would be great eventually, obviously.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Ray Stevenson Punisher film was made by Marvel Knights studios which was just Marvel experimenting with an adult only type thing. Clearly it never went anywhere but I think they own the rights.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayle88 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Ray Stevenson Punisher film was made by Marvel Knights studios which was just Marvel experimenting with an adult only type thing. Clearly it never went anywhere but I think they own the rights.

That bodes well then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: