Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Megacon 2015 and "An Evening with Kevin Smith"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Megacon 2015 and "An Evening with Kevin Smith" Reply with quote

Every year since 2002 I have attended Orlando's main comic con, Megacon. As with any recurring con, you get repeat guests so it wasn't easy to add to my quest to get as many sketches and/or signatures from "Daredevil" (and "Amazing Spider-man") Artists and Writers on blank variants in addition to sketches of DD (and Spider-man) villains to my "collection".

During this con, for these collections I was able to add one Spidey head sketch (Sean Chen), one Spidey villain sketch (Lizard by Paolo Rivera) and one DD villain sketch of Kingpin by Lee Weeks.

As I have been enjoying getting these con sketches over the years, I have added sketch collections of Captain America, Thor and the Inhumans as done by artists who made these characters famous.

In addition to Meagcon, another recent event I attended was "An Evening with Kevin Smith" which is basically a two-three hour Q&A session where he shares stories from his career. He is a pretty nice guy and I had brought my DD writer collection sketch cover with me in the hopes I could get him to sign it due to his run on the first eight issues of Daredevil Volume 2. Turns out during the course of Q&A he lets people come on stage and he will sign things.

My daughter came with me and as she has a little more nerve than me, she asked him if he would sign the cover. She went on stage and told him he could sign above the Stan Lee signature I had obtained a few years ago. He thought the cover was a cool idea and obliged.

If interested in my sketch progress and to see our encounter with Kevin Smith, take a look here:
http://daredevilcreators.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: