Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

All New All Different Predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: All New All Different Predictions Reply with quote

So, big changes are coming. We don't know what. Marvel's saying it isn't a reboot and is just "the next chapter". It's all No. 1s! I think they're kinda lying and it will basically be a reboot. It's also completely insane that I am now staring down the barrel of the fourth Daredevil #1 of my adult life.

Anyway, let's play a game called "Let's Predict the (Non)Reboot!". Everyone gets five predictions. We'll check back when #1 hits (another number 1!) and see who got the most right.

Here's my five:

1. Karen's alive.
2. Matt's younger than he's usually presented.
3. Matt's back in NYC.
4. Matt and Foggy are partners.
5. Stick returns.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME THREAD!!
1 Karen is alive
2 Daredevl's identity is no longer known to the public
3 He's part of a group called the Defenders
4 Daredevil has an outfit with the influence of the Netflix series
5 The tone is gritty again
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Matt and Foggy are back in NYC
2. Foggy no longer has cancer (either never had or is now in the 'if there are no relapses for the next 5 years, you are cured' stage)
3. Foggy's hair is now longer, like it is on the show
4. Claire will be introduced in comics canon. CORRECTION: she will be added to DD's supporting cast.
5. Retcon of Matt and Foggy getting disbarred

Last edited by Dragonbat on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire is already a canon character.She's Luke Cage's ex girlfriend.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Claire is in the comics, she's just usually not associated with Daredevil.

I think back in New York is a no-brainer.
I also suspect they'll be younger
I think Matt's identity will be a secret again (at least to the public, not sure about to Foggy or Fisk)
Maybe Stick will return, not sure
Also not sure about Karen

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil24 wrote:
Claire is already a canon character.She's Luke Cage's ex girlfriend.

Ah okay. I haven't really followed Luke Cage outside of his Daredevil appearances. Fine. Claire will become a member of Daredevil's supporting cast.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From: http://comicbook.com/2015/06/04/is-marvel-reintroducing-shadowlands-daredevil-/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_campaign=a6f448aa00-2015_06_04%3A23%3A05%3A58Comicbook.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7a2d10cb6e-a6f448aa00-268612881

Quote:
Daredevil’s going dark for the All-New, All-Different Marvel.

When Marvel Comics released their second teaser image for the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe earlier this week, the publisher revealed a revised look for The Man Without Fear. But as many horn heads know, this “new” suit looks more like a return to one of Daredevil’s more infamous variants: The Shadowland costume.

Looks like we've got a new (old) costume... though I tend to take with a grain of salt an article that refers to DD's nemesis as the King Pin. (Or has there ever been a space between the syllables before?)
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Back in New York.
2. Kirsten MacDuffie is gone.
3. Foggy's cancer is gone.
4. Only Foggy knows that Matt is Daredevil.
5. Nelson and Murdock is back in business.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullseye back to normal.
Part of the Defenders.
Secret identity intact.
I actually think he might be more of a ruthless fighter, the black costume certainly implies a darker take on the character.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That costume is way too Shadowland for my tastes. It isn't even the Netflix costume. I hope it becomes more red fairly soon.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for a thread JC

1. No one knows Matt is DD (except for Stick)
2. Karen Page and Heather Glenn are alive
3. Back to NYC
4. They will play up his Catholicism due to the Netflix influence
5. Mike Murdock will make cameo appearances to aid as a distraction. (Or maybe not)

The 'new' costume doesn't bother me all that much. I still looks enough like the traditional red one, so I'm good with it.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bullseye back to normal.

The recently-ended Elektra series by Haden Blackman and Mike Del Mundo already restored Bullseye pretty much back to normal.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to cast my vote that it's genuinely not a hard reboot and it's just a soft reboot like they've said. I'm the wet blanket on this one, i know, but hear me out, I don't think that's Matt in all new, all different.

New daredevil is likely not Matt because the road has led Matt to unmasking and this figure in black has something to hide or tonally represent. Yeah, Matt could lose everything (again) and this could be his relapse back into darkness but i don't think Waid (who has a history of chemical depression) will end his legacy on DD with tragedy when it's been nothing but "never give up" optimism and 1.50 represented Waid's ideal of Matt happy. Also Matt wore black when he led the hand and wore blue and red when he faked his death but DD’s red costume is about as consistent as Spiderman’s over 50 years, it is RARELY altered or switched because it is iconic and means something to Matt as a uniform. the switch revolves around tone. And if it was switched for netflix they would've made it similar to the netflix armor with black and red segments.

This isn’t Matt.

So who could it be?

I bet it's the Shroud.

And the only top 5 reasons I bet it’s shroud is that:
1) shroud has been heavily setup and involved in Waid’s comics as Matt’s parallel but as a blind anti hero, so daredevil still remains a hero for the visually impaired.
2) shroud is draped in black magic which leads me to believe that a black DD suit is the only projection he can conjure to use his shadow powers.
3) shroud is looking for redemption and still wants to be a hero but he isn't trusted publicly anymore as the shroud persona has lost all avengers credibility.
4) Matt can still maintain the continuity of his new life by training shroud/ vouching for him while still being a celebrity detective/lawyer/novelist (if they continue that direction).
5) Waid hinted in 1.50 that someone takes over the mantle (Foggy says it ominously as "you know who took over for awhile") and Matt has to reclaim it batman knightfall style (i can even see the cover now in my head of these two fighting). And Matt has faced every villain that single issue teased, keep in mind.

Marvel won't follow that to a t but I think it's how Waid ends his run. Not with Matt losing again and not compromising again but acceptance on his own terms to just be Matt Murdock, the inspiration all his friends (especially Luke and Foggy in the Bendis run) knew he could be publicly. And not give in to the deal that Kingpin offers that likely means giving up Matt Murdock to fix all this (a deal with the devil you could say). But Matt didn't compromise with Fisk in Bendis, he didn't compromise in Brubaker's prison run either. Matt's going to stay Matt because that's who Jack Murdock raised. Otherwise he will absolutely lose Foggy and Kirsten and this costume is the result, which would be unfortunate to see.

Now I could be completely wrong and overthinking it (I thought the iron lung mastermind, who turned out to be just simply bullseye, was going to be death stalker and that Ikari was going to be some kind of Jack Murdock clone twist instead a Hand nobody, since they had Jack's DNA, to throw off Matt's emotional game). But if they just did this for the netflix popularity and costume ascetic, if that's the case: boooo.

The book doesn't need a new 52 reboot. DC needed it because their characters were in their early 40's and were old fashioned and way out of date compared to Marvel. Trust me, I want Matt young, fresh, relatable, in NY again with Foggy and Karen with brooding art, but not to pander to the Netflix show (despite how much I immensely enjoyed it).
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theunrealstudios wrote:

This isn’t Matt.

So who could it be?

I bet it's the Shroud.

Oh hohoho, I love it! The Superior Daredevil, why not? It'd fit in with Marvel's latest trends and be an interesting follow-up to Waid's run.

I agree with you, I don't think this will be a hard reboot, Alonso is expending too much energy clarifying how SW will only introduce new elements into the MU without changing/altering/destroying it's rich history.

So the hopes of Karen being brought miraculously back to life as a result of this event seems to be a stretch to me.

Instead, I think:

1) A return to NYC

2) Foggy becomes more central again, not pushed into the background. But with all the hoopla surrounding the state of Matt's identity being public, how would you resolve Foggy's faked death?

3) Claire becomes more prominent within the book. It took years for DC to introduce Cloe from Smallville into the Superman comics but Marvel has had a better track record in this dept, given their stronger connection to the cinematic works. So this seems more likely to me.

4) Matt's identity becomes secret only to the public. Foggy still knows it, other heroes such as the Avengers still know it and perhaps certain villains as well. But given the advanced tech available in the MU, I can see a scenario in which it can be shown that Matt 'faked' it all for the sake of public appearance.

5) Nelson & Murdock are open for business again.
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My predictions and their likelihood:

1) Matt and Foggy back in Hell's Kitchen. (95% chance)
2) A version Karen Page back. (50% chance)
3) Secret identity restored (25% chance)
4) Foggy's cancer gone (70% chance)
5) Matt now has a permanent 5 o'clock shadow and a receding hairline so as to look more like Charlie Cox (4% chance)

We here and everyone everywhere else keep talking about a "reboot" and Marvel keeps denying that it is, or that they've ever or would ever do that. But the thing is they do it all the time. They just don't call it that, but they rewrite their existing history constantly. They let writers reference or change what they want and ignore what they don't like.

On More Day was a "reboot" that created a totally new Marvel history. They say "oh no, it happened just the same, its just that they weren't married." This is stupid and doesn't work because there are countless stories and events that revolve directly around Pete and MJ being married.

I hope to God they don't try to officially or unofficially "de-age" Matt and Foggy, especially if they are "keeping" all of the history intact. Matt and Foggy should be pushing 40, there is no way around it with the history they have. DC's Nu52 Batman is ****ing ridiculous in the way they crammed his whole history into 5 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: