Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

END OF DAYS (spoiler alert!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walvel66
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: END OF DAYS (spoiler alert!) Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
I just introduced myself in the right thread, so I don't wanna annoy anybody with useless repetitions.
I have recently started to re-read all my old collection, especially the miniseries, and I have a question that I always wanted to ask but never got the chance to about the "End of Days" miniseries.
1)-Why Bullseye went berserk when DD told him his daughter's name, Mapone?
2)-Why DD let Bullseye kill him?
Thanks to whomever finds the time to reply! Wink
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: END OF DAYS (spoiler alert!) Reply with quote

walvel66 wrote:
Hello everybody,
I just introduced myself in the right thread, so I don't wanna annoy anybody with useless repetitions.
I have recently started to re-read all my old collection, especially the miniseries, and I have a question that I always wanted to ask but never got the chance to about the "End of Days" miniseries.
1)-Why Bullseye went berserk when DD told him his daughter's name, Mapone?
2)-Why DD let Bullseye kill him?
Thanks to whomever finds the time to reply! Wink

Answers

1. Becuse Bendis is a terrible writer.
2. And Mack is even worse.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
walvel66
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense... Very Happy
Joslyn
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reading End of Days HC. I had so many high espectations of this book with the works of very highly acclaimed DD artists.

First of Sienkewicz and Jansons art is amazing. I like that Kingpin looks just like in his Love & War book and the little winks to other books (ie Amazing fantasy #15)

The story was dissapointing. I can not believe after such a good run on DD your "end" of Daredevil is so lame. It is cool to revisited many of Murdocks/DDs friends and enemies from his past. The Echo scene in the book with Macks art is great, Melvin Potter has an nice part in the book, Elektra makes an ok appearance, Fury being his mysterious self again.
Milla, Typhoid Mary, the Owl, Foggy, Turk are just horrible re-inventings of the characters. It looks like Milla isn't blind in this book, Mary has been fully cured and ads nothing to the story. Owl is just an asshole for needing an asshole in the book, how the hell did Turk get so much influence an respect? Bullseye killing hisself? He is allready a crazy madman. A little last word wouldn't push him over the edge? DD killing Kingpin in that way, just for being back, is so much worse than DD killing Bullseye in Shadowland. And while everyone changed Foggy is still his whining self apart from being the boss in his own lawfirm.
It is a missed oppertunity to kill Purple Man before he can do anything. Why not bring back Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?
The Punisher is cool being his stupid self. And I even like Urich being the investigator story. But there is no reward at the end. And no surprises. With the llink that Urichs son Tim being the same as the little boy in Wake up and constantly asking about DD I think it was issue 3 I knew he would be DD's successor. And the blind girl playing pool in the bar was the only "light" character in that bar so you know she is gonna have a big part or reveal in the story.
What about all those redhaired kids of Murdocks ex-girlfriends/wifes. What kind of investigator is Urich if that went innoticed for years. Only reason for the is to throw sand in the eyes of the reader.
Even Maleevs covers are not inspiring and dull.
I liked Shadowland better which was a good idea badly executed. End of days was just a bad idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: