Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Frank Miller's Opinion on Netflix Elektra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Frank Miller's Opinion on Netflix Elektra Reply with quote

Frank Miller recently gave his opinion on the Netflix version of Elektra and he didn't seem to care for her:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/frank-miller-weighs-in-on-netflixs-daredevils-elektra-that-is-not-her
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't comment on Netflix's Elektra since no one has seen her.

His thoughts are likely more general. He hates the fact that anyone besides him is using her.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he's got a point, somewhat.

Elektra is a comic book character, his creation. Thus, no other interpretation of her will ever be as good as his original version.

It's like how die hard Sean Connery fans won't ever accept anyone else as James Bond.

On the other hand, he can't apply any hard criticism yet as no one has seen her in action.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-n-Bone wrote:

Elektra is a comic book character, his creation. Thus, no other interpretation of her will ever be as good as his original version.

I agree that no other interpretation has been as his original version (including his interpretation in Man Without Fear). That being said, I don't think that's inherently true. I can probably think of several MCU characters that are way better than their comics counterpart.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Ash-n-Bone wrote:

I agree that no other interpretation has been as his original version (including his interpretation in Man Without Fear). That being said, I don't think that's inherently true. I can probably think of several MCU characters that are way better than their comics counterpart.

I think for a long time, adaptions have done a better job with some comic book characters then the comics. Batman the Animated Series (which was aimed at kids) turned Mr. Freeze from a joke to tragic character and created new characters like Harley Quinn.

I think the Netflix series can do an interesting take on Elektra (in the original comic, Elektra was an interesting concept, but not a super fleshed out character) then that could interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: