Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Should Daredevil appear in other Marvel Movies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Should Daredevil appear in other Marvel Movies? Reply with quote

Charlie Cox recently joked about DD being recasted in Avengers Infinity War:

http://www.gamesradar.com/charlie-cox-says-marvel-might-recast-daredevil-infinity-war/

This brings up a question, should DD appear in big crossover movies like Infinity War or should he stick to Netflix related shows ? Should Daredevil or Kingpin appear in a Spider-Man movie?
WAMurrell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Daredevil, Kingpin, and the Punisher appearing in the Spider-Man movie but not in Avengers: Infinity War. The scale of the story will be global if not cosmic. These characters are best utilized in a story centered in New York City. Perhaps Netflix can use the backdrop of the Infinity War in their shows that will air between the two Avenger movies. The debut of the Defenders would fit perfectly here. A need for the "street" heroes to come together to battle a threat they individually cannot fight. Then as Infinity War Part 2 begins, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage can move on to movie while Daredevil remains in Hell's Kitchen as its protector.
WAMurrell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Daredevil, Kingpin, and the Punisher appearing in the Spider-Man movie but not in Avengers: Infinity War. The scale of the story will be global if not cosmic. These characters are best utilized in a story centered in New York City. Perhaps Netflix can use the backdrop of the Infinity War in their shows that will air between the two Avenger movies. The debut of the Defenders would fit perfectly here. A need for the "street" heroes to come together to battle a threat they individually cannot fight. Then as Infinity War Part 2 begins, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage can move on to movie while Daredevil remains in Hell's Kitchen as its protector.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAMurrell wrote:

I doubt that will happen, Jessica Jones seems just as out of place in a cosmic setting as DD does and frankly her show is more risque (at least in terms of sex and alcoholism, though not necessarily violence) then DD's, so she would work less in a PG-13 setting then DD would. I think all the Netflix characters will stay where they are and mainly interact with each other, rather then the movie characters, though there is a chance that DD could show up in a Spidey movie. I think Disney is purposely separating the Netflix characters from the movie characters in terms of who they are being aimed at, I won't expect Daredevil or Jessica Jones to show up in Disney Infinity any time soon.

Besides, from what I hear the Luke Cage show will be set in Harlem, so clearly these other street level characters can protect different areas, while DD can protect Hell's Kitchen. NYC is a big place, different heroes can protect different parts of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: