Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD/Punisher Seventh Circle Infinite comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: #4 is now available

https://www.comixology.com/Daredevil-Punisher-Seventh-Circle-Infinite-Comic-4/digital-comic/365977
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also asked Charles Soule on Twitter about the number of Infinite Comics, since the printed version is 4 issues, starting in May...
I guessed there were 8 and he said that's correct.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this one. It was a bit slower and had more talking in it, which it honestly needed. So far, it wasn't a comic with much depth, it just had decent action scenes. I think there's a bit of "why" that Matt has to be facing - even if this is something he's faced many times before. After all, the guy he's facing is just that unlikable. Antonov should be thrilled that he's being transferred to Texas (to make sure he gets a fair trial), but that Texas law isn't being applied (or else he'd get the death penalty). And, after all that, he continues to be both ungrateful and extremely threatening.

One thing Frank Castle said sounded intriguing for a future issue - the trial itself could be a bloodbath with this guy trying to affect the outcome. I'm hoping we don't get four more issues of Daredevil trying to get to JFK airport.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, are we up to issue six?

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else still reading this? My thoughts:

Issue Five: Issue is fine. I like that Blindspot is not necessarily onboard. I'd be OK with him being more sympathetic to Castle (even if it's a line I don't want Matt to cross). There's a frickin' Rodgers and Hammerstein reference (Officer Rogers and Hammer). At least, that's my take. The way the Punisher escaped was expected, but I like seeing him take on cops because it forces him to be non-lethal based on his "moral" code. Looks like things might get more comic book-y next issue.

Issue Six: Good to see Daredevil and Punisher together, but Punisher's blind devotion to killing the guy and Matt's desire to prevent that leads to Matt kind of looking like an ass at parts. That being said, the story is bordering on the farcical at this point. It's slapstick, but in a "ha ha, he wants to murder that guy in cold blood" kind of way.

Random Thoughts: At the beginning, there are targets with superhero costumes on them. I like that they got the memo and updated Daredevil's costume, although the others still seem pretty old-fashioned. All the Russian guys speak in broken English, even to each other. I like the take on Matt's radar sense, giving it somewhat of a short-range (he can hear the bad guy, but needs Blindspot to see him).

I'll finish this story out, but I can't say I'm recommending it to any of my friends.

Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten behind on it as again Comixology not really displaying it where it can be seen that it's been released.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to finishing this. Is it a great story? If it was, I wouldn't just be finally getting around to finishing it. But it's got some good moments, some good dialogue, and lots of good action. The action is the highlight and the format really sells it, but I also do like the discussion of whether Matt is a killer too for sending this Russian bad guy to Texas where he will certainly get executed anyway. Really, it seems easy to be sympathetic to Frank here. After all, the guy continued to kill people throughout and was able to simply because there needed to be a formal process before he gets killed. Ultimately, I don't subscribe to Frank's position, but I think it gets illustrated quite effectively here (now maybe he could also have put his talents to use in getting him to Texas as well).

But, overall, it's just a really repetitive story. Once you figure out the formula, you can pretty much sum up the remainder of the plot.

Kirigi8487
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Just finished it Reply with quote

The issue kind of sums up my issue with the Charles Soule run; it's just kind of there. The only arc we've had so far is the Tenfingers one which didn't really accomplish anything except for setting up Blindspot's backstory which hasn't been followed up on yet.

The DD/Punisher crossover was basically what we saw from them in Season 2 with Blindspot assisting. It's fine but nothing I'm ever going to remember.

The Soule run is fun to look at and mildly entertaining but just feels like interchangeable "adventure of the week" stories. I don't want Born Again part 41 nor do I want any further retcons but let's get a real arc that gets the ball rolling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: