Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S2E11 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S2E11 Discussion Reply with quote

Please use this thread to discuss this episode and any relevant plot points that occurred prior to this one.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another episode of the two stories going strong. Unlike last season where there was a dip towards the end, this seems to be going full speed. It's obviously a very focused story now. I did like the one character moment, which was the conversation between Frank and Karen about Matt.

On the Hand front, I think it's interesting that Stick is an unlikeable a-hole too. If it weren't for the fact that the Hand is seemingly kidnapping and brainwashing kids, I'm not sure I'd support the Chaste. We still have no idea why he tried to kill Elektra. I was surprised that Claire quit. I wonder what they're going to do going forward.

Great to see Madame Gao again. She continues to be mysterious but it still isn't clear just what she is. At least here, she's coming off relatively down to Earth (just dealing drugs and the like). I expected her to also have information on the war between the Chaste and the Hand. But, no, we're just going after the Blacksmith.

Frank Castle continues to be brutal and walk that line between rational and psycho (his wanting to kill someone even when they had useful information shows he's unhinged). The problem is Matt's almost about to agree with him (his fight with Fisk seems to have shattered his resolve). I'm hoping they resolve things and can actually bring some warmth and happiness for a change to this show.

Four and a Half Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire is going to be heavily featured in Luke Cage so she's probably moving to Harlem. Her mother is also gonna be in Luke Cage.
Sciurid
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably post a lot more when I have the chance to rewatch it all and can remember what was in what specific episode, but it's just interesting that Frank saves Matt here from crossing that line.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that Matt is prioritising based on the information he has. He knows he has limited time to find Castle before he has to protect the hospital and once he loses the Hand he goes back to focussing on finding the Punisher once Karen gives him the lead.

Everything goes through Matt so it never feels like it's losing touch with being a Daredevil show while giving any other character the time they need.

The jump out of the window to save Claire was a highlight of the trailer and it still was in the show. A goosebumps moment.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best scenes this season have been between Karen and Frank, and that's true with this episode too.

I enjoyed the scene between Matt and Madame Gao. When Matt showed up at the ship and started reasoning with Frank that it wasn't really the Blacksmith, that was great. And I loved how he had the upper hand in the fight with the Punisher this time.

I hated -- HATED -- how Matt said that the Punisher was right -- that the judicial system wasn't working. Matt would never, ever, believe that the only justice for the Blacksmith was death at the hands of a vigilante. Why would Matt think that? Because of the crap that the District Attorney pulled this season? DAs come and go. Matt's smart enough to know that. He was strong enough to extricate himself from Elektra the previous episode. Why would he now think that the Blacksmith should be murdered? That's really bad. It's a fatal flaw in my opinion.

I hope the series can recover from this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: