Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S2E08 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S2E08 Discussion Reply with quote

Please use this thread to discuss this episode and any relevant plot points that occurred prior to this one.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned EED for the last episode. I'm glad that's what they're going with. Of coure, Frank Castle doesn't care. I thought it was fitting that it all melted down when he took the stand. On the other hand, it's really tragic that Matt seems to be the cause of so much going wrong. I'd still like things to go right in the end for Nelson *and* Murdock. I liked Frank's explosion to the jury (I also want to point out that thank God he's wearing court clothes. Better late than never. It's fitting, if he was holding out, that he was convinced for this point. Of course, once he's on the stand, he makes up his own mind).

I liked the Hand plot and how it fits in with Elektra. They spent a lot of time to establish she's not Stick and she's her own person. Then, in the end, she slits a kid's throat. Good way to show that maybe she's the same.

Four and a Half Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great stuff. They've earned the right to embrace the Hand and Stick's backstory. A lot of other shows or creators would shy away with such a dark, 'realistic' tone.

I liked changing Elektra's past to being a part of the Chaste. It gives her all the same character elements and skills without having to take the time to show her own origin and what happened to her. Considering this is a Daredevil show and it's been pretty filled out with plot it was the right choice.

There are some great details throughout the series and I know I've missed a lot. One that I picked up on is when Matt is fighting the ninja in his apartment the fancier moves he has been using to make his way through larger groups don't work against the experienced ninja so he goes back to boxing and throwing the guy into things. Things like that are great extras for people who love martial arts and have an understanding of how fighting actually works.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find Matt someone with whom it's hard to sympathize. He has been negligent in his duties towards the case he urged the firm to take. I realize he has been negligent in the comics towards Nelson and Murdock, so I guess this series is at least being consistent.

Something I found a little odd is the fact that Matt isn't able to get a read on the Hand agents because they don't have heartbeats. Does that mean they're not alive, or that they're masking their heartbeats? If they're not alive, then Matt shouldn't have any qualms about Elektra or himself killing them. If they're masking their heartbeats, that could just mean they're aware of Matt's powers, so the second scenario is more likely. However, it seemed that the kid at the end had a heartbeat. It's possible that as the kid was injured, he lost the ability to mask his heartbeat. The fact he was able to be in the apartment undetected and hit Matt with an arrow suggests that his heartrate was cloaked at the beginning of the battle. It's a little confusing, but I guess it works.

The cliffhanger was great, but I need to get some sleep.

I think this episode was good, but frustrating. I don't like seeing Matt be so irresponsible towards his duties as an attorney, even though he's been that way in the comics. I don't like seeing Foggy give Matt another chance, only to see Matt squander it by not following Foggy's instructions, especially since Foggy's been the one in the trenches the entire time. I know Matt heard what the policeman/bailiff said to Frank before the testimony, but Matt made no use of it. I know Matt is conflicted this season, and I know there is going to be a schism between him and Foggy, and likely Karen as well. I realize he's human, but I think he could have done better with this Castle case.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
I still find Matt someone with whom it's hard to sympathize. He has been negligent in his duties towards the case he urged the firm to take.

I think this episode was good, but frustrating. I don't like seeing Matt be so irresponsible towards his duties as an attorney, even though he's been that way in the comics. I don't like seeing Foggy give Matt another chance, only to see Matt squander it by not following Foggy's instructions, especially since Foggy's been the one in the trenches the entire time. I know Matt heard what the policeman/bailiff said to Frank before the testimony, but Matt made no use of it. I know Matt is conflicted this season, and I know there is going to be a schism between him and Foggy, and likely Karen as well. I realize he's human, but I think he could have done better with this Castle case.

Honestly, I think that's how you're meant to be feeling at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: