Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel's Daredevil S2E01 Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Marvel's Daredevil S2E01 Discussion Reply with quote

Please use this thread to discuss this episode and this episode only. For the other episode threads, please only discuss that episode and no plot points that occur AFTER that episode.
Please be considerate of others, as not everyone will be watching at the same pace as you.
Thanks everyone, and enjoy!
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First impressions:

Cox, Henson, and Woll are on top form as is the actor playing Grotto. Bernthal is great for the brief moments we see him.

Best part of the episode is when DD walks into the meat factory and finds that Castle has already been there. Very atmospheric with a nice, slow, suspenseful pace.

I also like the reference back to Fisk and how Hell's Kitchen is now up for grabs.

Solid opening with enough for me to be excited like a little kid, but lacking the punch of S1 EP1.
chamber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great opening.

We didn't have to wait long to see the Punisher.

I love Matt and Foggy's banter.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for season two. As per tradition, I have poured myself a red drink named after the place where Hell's Kitchen is located. So, with Manhattan in hand, I'm starting the season. As with last year, comments to be written after the episode unless I'm too drunk to do so. Unlike last year, I'm going to try and post it here too.

I like where this episode starts. It's Daredevil up and fighting, it's Matt and Foggy still buddies, and it's Nelson and Murdock bumping but still broke. I've known a few attorneys who accept payment in kind so getting pies and fruit is kinda cool. It fits that they're the people's champs but that doesn't pay. On the other hand, maybe they shouldn't be discussing cases in the lobby like that for all to hear.

The organized crime stuff is pretty cool and, like last year, I'm amazed at all the things they fit into a single episode. I love seeing Turk again (my notes just say "Turk!"). Finally, the Punisher is great so far in one episode. He's menacing and threatening. It's mostly off screen, but you know he's a force to be reckoned with. And having DD lose at the end helped solidify that. Great start.

ETA: I remembered I gave stars last year. Four and a Half Stars for a very solid start.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking first episode. No time wasted getting stuck into the story. Punisher is great - that first appearance in the hospital had a very 'Terminator' feel to it. And what a cliffhanger.

The series is off to a great start.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I watched the entire show. Episode 1 was so good. Great start. The Punisher was done well. I can't wait to read everyone's comments. But, that will have to be later, maybe this weekend. Just an amazing series, close to perfect.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting around to Season 2. I had to wait until I was done Jessica Jones.

I think this was a good start to the season. I like how idealistic the firm seems. Matt and Foggy are crusaders for what is right before what is profitable, and I like that.

I hope we don't spend too much time this season on the budding romance between Matt and Karen.

I loved Turk and Grotto, although I would have liked the exchange between Turk and Daredevil to have more of a playful tone.

I guess that leads me to my one gripe. I find the Netflix Marvel shows kind of relentless in their bleakness. Foggy's scenes were actually my favourite parts of this episode simply because they were a break in the tone. I would like Daredevil to have a different tone than Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, and right now, it doesn't have that much difference yet. Matt Murdock does, but when he's in the costume, at least in this episode, he's too grim.

The fight with the Punisher was great, although I would have liked to have seen Daredevil have a bit more of the upper hand. Also, I don't know how the Punisher would have been able to hit Daredevil with that shot to close the episode. That makes no sense to me.

A good episode. Not great, but very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: