Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #11 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #11?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #11 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #11 by Soule, Garney and Milla ships September 7th, and here is a preview!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V5-011

Please use this thread for all discussion!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a definite step up from the last issue.

I was surprised to see an Inhumans plot work its way into this story, but I'm fine with that. It ties Matt into the larger Marvel Universe, which he already has been thanks to the excellent Civil War II tie-in "The Accused." I also enjoyed that this was a very Matt-focused issue as opposed to Daredevil, and Blindspot for that matter.

I enjoyed the scene between Mr. Durnin and Councillor Pearson. I hope Pearson shows up again.

I think we got some more evidence as to why Foggy is angry at Matt. I suspect it's because Foggy views Matt's decision to be a prosecutor to be a desertion of Nelson and Murdock. I could be wrong. I found Garney's pencils during this scene to be surprisingly rushed. Also, did Foggy mention the Bulletin because that's the newspaper in the Netflix show? As opposed to the Bugle, which seems to be the number one newspaper in the Marvel Universe? I would have preferred he mention the Bugle, but I may be quibbling. I suspect they play up the Bulletin in the Netflix show because Marvel hadn't struck the deal with Sony for Spider-Man by the time the first season went into production. But this is the comics. Bugle, please.

You have to wonder how long it will be until Sam figures out that Matt and Daredevil are the same person. Matt says, "Tell me what you see, Sam."

But, I think what made me give this issue the very high rating of four was the reveal of the villain. This guy could be great. I don't know what his name is, but he is so creepy. Garney did a great job designing him, and Soule seems to have a good handle on what makes this villain tick. This guy has me hungry for the next issue. Hopefully this villain justifies the brilliant design, and we get to see him again and again.

A good issue, and a great cliffhanger.

Last edited by Dimetre on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to start off, it's a cool looking cover. Maybe not an all-time great, but certainly stands out.

I thought this issue started a little rough and got much better. Some of the dialogue between the professor and the homeowner is rough. We get it, it's 112 people. On the other hand, I liked the sleazy property owner. I like that Matt feels sleazy going after the sleazy property owner. I like that, as a DA isn't able to exercise his moral judgment independently. I like that Foggy is there to point that out (that being said, Foggy either needs a bigger role or Matt needs more people. I'm OK with them being on the rocks, though).

I thought the story built in tension throughout and the final art (and revelation of the Inhuman) was far more creepy than last month. If next month is as strong as the second half, I'll be very excited. Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a heck of a cover.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this issue. Something actually going on that's new, has a mystery and so far is intriguing.
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less focus on Blindspot and a little more focus on Matt and his personal life and the issue turns out to be decent. Niceeee.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was put off by this issue. A lot of exposition, a lot of talking.

Granted, it's nice to see continued focus on Matt's job as ADA. He's concerned over the consequences of his nocturnal actions as DD may have on his job and I did like how his position is being brought into connection with this new mystery. But again, it seems like his bring an ADA is somehow connected to however he solved his secret identity crisis. For he implied here that he wasn't finished doing what he needs to do should Hawk fire him. So there are still hints of some larger plan in motion here.

My main quibble is the painting mural and the gallery owner. If this mural has been linked to either missing person cases or actual murders (and it does contain the blood samples of 112 people) then why isn't it being held as evidence? Why is this owner allowed to retain it let alone showcase it? Very strange and off-putting.

The scene with Foggy was nice but again, it highlights what you all have been saying all along, that Soule needs to reveal how and why Matt accomplished this feat soon. It is starting to drag.

The last page was very creepy but overall this issue felt middling with all the talking.

3 stars.
jriddle
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "Dark Art" issues have been pretty good, though I fear Soule may have jumped the gun a bit at the end of this one. Matt Milla, who has been one of the jewels of this run, has suddenly greatly expanded and brightened his color palette. It's a pretty jarring shift. I don't like it. Awesome cover this month though.
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue was awesome. 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: