Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Best Daredevil guest appearance in another character's comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Best Daredevil guest appearance in another character's comic Reply with quote

What is the best Daredevil guest appearance in another character's comic?

I think of the best and a classic story, is DD's appearance in the "Death of Jean DeWolffe" story. That is a darker crime drama Spider-Man story where DD guest stars and there are some DD elements in the story.

Since DD is the guest star, he is there mainly to provide a foil for Spidey, but it does work pretty well, DD is older and doesn't have as much of personal stake in the story, while Spidey is younger and has a far more personal stake in the story (the villain, Sin Eater, kills Spidey's friend Jean DeWolffe and tries to kill Spidey's first girl friend Betty Brant). DD is calm and level headed, while Spidey acts like a hot head.

Spidey spends a lot of the story being pissed off at the legal system, because Matt represented some muggers who targeted a friend of Aunt May and gets them released on bail.

Spidey is driven by rage at the Sin Eater, a serial killer who kills those in power who he believes is causing the legal system to fail, with Sin Eater coming across as some far right nut case who hates the establishment and blames it for crime in NYC.

The cool thing about the story is the contrast between younger, more brash Spidey and older, more level headed DD. DD has to stop Spidey from killing the Sin Eater.

There are some DD elements in this story, both Spidey and DD go to Josie's get info on the Sin Eater (no one knows anything because Sin Eater is a lone psycho) and they both go to Kingpin for info on the Sin Eater (who knows nothing either because Sin Eater is a lone psycho). But one of the biggest things to come out of this story is DD and Spidey discovering each other's IDs.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that story is okay, but I find Peter grows tiresome, and I also don't like how Daredevil needs his help to fight off a crowd of people.

Personally, for a guest appearance in a different comic, I like that two-parter in which he fought Hogun the Grim. (Thor #392 & 393) It's comparable to his fights against Namor and the Hulk, in that he's completely outmatched, but he doesn't give up.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we expand this to other media? My first introduction to Daredevil was in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. At the time I thought he was just the coolest and, rewatching the episode recently, I stand by my belief.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: