Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #13 Previews, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #13?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #13 Previews, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #13 ships November 9th and here is a preview!
By Soule, Garney and Milla!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V5-013

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issue ships tomorrow!
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a solid Blindspot issue. For those who hate the character, this didn't add anything to it, but it's a superhero story where, honestly, the superhero can be used fairly interchangeably. Blindspot has a bit of the "why should I help authority" thing going for him. I do think that adds something. He became a vigilante to protect his people and how he's getting suckered into helping Daredevil for reasons he doesn't fully understand. Cases like this, it can get him killed.

Muse isn't very subtle. I like the deranged rambling he has, though. He continues to at least be very threatening, which is a positive. Looking forward to the conclusion.

Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Blindspot, but I can't help but resent him for taking so much space in a book entitled Daredevil. Matt's presence in this issue is minimal. There isn't much wrong with the plot and writing in this issue from a technical standpoint, but the scant presence of the title character can't help but annoy.

Having said that, I think Muse is proving to be one of the best villains Daredevil has had in a long time. He is so twisted and creepy. The fact that he's such a threat adds real suspense and drama to any scene he's in.

All Matt does in this issue is talk to Blindspot over the phone. On top of that, he seems to be fooled into mistaking fireworks for bombs. I think Matt should be able to tell the difference between the two.

As I typed earlier, there is nothing wrong with the confrontation between Blindspot and Muse that makes up the bulk of this issue. Honestly, it's quite well done. Blindspot's first-person narration is compelling, and he manages to free the hostages. If I have one criticism, I don't think visibility would help Blindspot that much when he's standing right beside Muse knee-deep in sewage. That would give away his position. But, obviously Soule has a good handle of who Blindspot is, and I really think Marvel should let him write at least a Blindspot mini-series by now.

I can't help but be annoyed though. So far Blindspot has had more interaction with Muse than Daredevil has, and it hurts more than the Tenfingers story, because Muse is such a cool new villain. If Marvel doesn't think Blindspot is ready to carry his own title, perhaps they should make him a member of the Champions so Matt can get some space in his own book.

If you're looking for a cool comic with a cool new villain, this issue fits the bill, but at this site we're Daredevil fans, and we want Daredevil in our Daredevil comics, and this issue misses the mark.
Thayrone Ibsen
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing short of ridiculous. "Daredevil" seems to be just a theme now. Just think about this current trend where people can't write anymore, just give "similar" versions of the character (its core) in order to be even more successful in sales. There's no gut to just write something new, for a new character (or, HEY, to the existing one), writers have to pretend they're writing some comic, while thinking of the reception of some other stuff. Well, what can you expect from Marvel, the great source of shallow "superhero" movies?
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the issue but have the same problem that everyone else does. If we'd had some substantial issues with a full story up to this point an issue starring Blindspot leading to needing Daredevil to help him would be fine.

The problem is it's all really empty feeling because the stories just don't have any substance. This is a Marvel wide problem at the moment. I've dropped almost all the Marvel books I used to read.

The only book I feel has substance and entertainment factor is Old Man Logan. I'll stick with Daredevil because it's good enough but I'm not very happy about it. Hopefully it starts to get where it's going and keep going for a while.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Soule has stated from the outset of his run that Blindspot is DD's sidekick, I have little problem with issues that may focus more so on Blindpsot like this one here.

I liked the areas that Soule chose to explore here with Sam. His questioning why he was still doing this, how his partnership with DD affects him and his continuing actions, his resolve to live up to DD's expectations.

Sam's confrontation with Muse was fraught with suspense, very well-done. The ending here is quite chilling which hopefully leads to an exciting conclusion to this very good arc next issue.

My only nitpick: with all the high-tech wonders of the MU, Sam's invisibility suit runs on batteries? Who knew.

Four stars.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkdevil wrote:
My only nitpick: with all the high-tech wonders of the MU, Sam's invisibility suit runs on batteries? Who knew.

That was established back in ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL POINT ONE #1.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it makes sense that he wouldn't have access to anything better. He's an illegal immigrant who is essentially building his suit out of things you can get from Radioshack. The fact that he can do what he can is impressive.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
This was a solid Blindspot issue. For those who hate the character, this didn't add anything to it, but it's a superhero story where, honestly, the superhero can be used fairly interchangeably.

Nice, but I wanted to read a Daredevil issue, not a Blindspot issue, and sure when I read a Daredevil story I don't want in it a situation with a superhero that can be used intercheangeably.
That said, I understand that the writer needs to add meat to the personality of Blindspot as a character and made a good job at this. Let's hope this doesn't turn into "How cool is Kirsten McSue all over again".
I'm giving it four stars all in all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: