Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Any talk of a Daredevil video game based on the comics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatout111
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Any talk of a Daredevil video game based on the comics? Reply with quote

Or based on the Netflix show?

I was terribly disappointed with the cancellation of the PS2 game based off the comics. But with the success of the Netflix series as well as the strong showings of the Arkham series as well as Telltale getting into the superhero mix, has anyone heard any strong rumors or whispers of a Daredevil video game? I know Telltale has an upcoming Marvel game TBA. Anyone heard any news on DD getting his own game, finally?

Thanks. And thanks for the great site. Awesome content here.
Crimson
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no talk of a video game. The closest thing we have to that actually, is the chance of Daredevil appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite in 2017. I'd assume his chance is likely if the game has any kind of decently sized roster, but maybe as fans we should make it clear how awesome it'd be to have him in the game.

Just imagine doing a wild, acrobatic combo to someone with a nice, HD Daredevil.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Daredevil would make for an absolutely fascinating game sort of in the mold of L.A. Noire but with superhero action elements mixed in (particularly with ways to use his senses). That being said, I don't think Daredevil works well in a game like Marvel v. Capcom where his powers don't shine, so he ends up as a fairly generic fighter. That's fine, but he'll come off as a poor-man's Black Panther in a world with Thor and Iron Man.

Unfortunately, while Daredevil is popular, he's nowhere near popular enough to carry his own video game, imo. The investment for a game like the one I described would probably be too much for what they could sell.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
I think Daredevil would make for an absolutely fascinating game sort of in the mold of L.A. Noire but with superhero action elements mixed in (particularly with ways to use his senses). That being said, I don't think Daredevil works well in a game like Marvel v. Capcom where his powers don't shine, so he ends up as a fairly generic fighter. That's fine, but he'll come off as a poor-man's Black Panther in a world with Thor and Iron Man.

Unfortunately, while Daredevil is popular, he's nowhere near popular enough to carry his own video game, imo. The investment for a game like the one I described would probably be too much for what they could sell.

How great would a day/night cycle Daredevil game be. LA Noire style tracking clues and digging for cases and looking in to things for Daredevil by day. Arkham style by night.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be spectacular and well-loved by the seventy people or so who would buy it Wink

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it a free to play mobile game with compelling gameplay, and it’d work. Not everything has to be big to be enjoyable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: