Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil's Love Interests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirigi8487 wrote:

I never liked Matt and Kirsten as a concept (not just because I hate Kirsten's character) but the idea of a prominent defense attorney and ASA hooking up just seems like it be a bad ethical idea for both parties involved because they'd have to recuse themselves if they were assigned to the same case.

In my experience prosecution and defence lawyers hook up/date/marry each other all the time. Not only is such a thing not rare it's downright common. The fact is that criminal lawyers, no matter which side they are on have more similarities than differences. Plus, lawyers know lawyers and spend all their time with other lawyers so naturally they end up marrying lawyers. Finally, lots of lawyers switch sides so "mixed" couples can come about that way.

There's really no ethical issue and if there is it's only on the prosecution side. Accused people have a right to have their counsel of choice. So in the very unlikely event that a prosecutor gets assigned a case that their spouse/partner is dealing with they just step aside and have another prosecutor deal with it.

So Matt dating a DA is actually a realistic detail. Which was nice because, generally speaking, most details dealing with Matt as a lawyer that have been in the comic/movie/tv show over the years have been laughably inaccurate.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about sugarcoating the ethical issues. Certainly, prosecutors and defense attorneys often socialize together and are friends, but when they're dating it makes things more complicated. I think Kirsten can solve the issue in cases she's not personally prosecuting by making sure she's completely kept out of the loop (what they call a Chinese Wall in legal terms). If she's prosecuting, Matt can't handle the case, though.

Of course, Matt wasn't involved in a professional capacity on quite a number of cases, so I'm not sure how that changes things.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil and Elektra made Marvel’s Top Ten Couples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8zpgfwJ7k

According to the video, the couples were ranked by Marvel.com’s editorial and social teams on their overall influence and importance.

Marvel's Top Ten Couples:
10. Agent 13 & Captain America
9. Daredevil & Elektra
8. Black Panther & Storm
7. Cyclops & Phoenix
6. Kitty Pryde & Colossus
5. Black Widow & Winter Soldier
4. Wiccan & Hulking
3. Jessica Jones & Luke Cage
2. Spider-Man & Mary Jane Watson
1. Reed & Susan Richards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: