Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil's Restored Secret ID (Potential Spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Daredevil's Restored Secret ID (Potential Spoilers) Reply with quote

The solicit for Daredevil issue 17 is interesting:

DAREDEVIL #17
CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
NEW ARC! “PURPLE” STARTS HERE!
The question everyone has been asking…what price did Matt Murdock pay to make his identity secret again? And who got left behind in the process?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I wonder if Purple Man is responsible for DD getting his secret ID and why would he do that? Would you be okay with DD making a deal with the devil like this to bring back his secret ID? Purple Man is up there with Bullseye in terms of the most evil villains DD has ever met, but making a deal with him does make more sense then making a deal with Mephisto.

Are you happy DD has his secret ID back? Do you think this was the right time to bring back DD's secret ID or could they have gotten a few more years of interesting stories out of DD's identity being well known?
Marcus Plato
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I've always found DD's secret identity one of the most interesting aspects of the character; his being blind was an almost ironclad alibi. Since he was "outed" I've found the character less interesting, and by God I hate the new costume sooo much! Not the point, I know, but it stinks.
Anyway, regaining his secret identity by ANY means will most definitely rekindle my interest in my favourite character.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Plato wrote:
Frankly I've always found DD's secret identity one of the most interesting aspects of the character; his being blind was an almost ironclad alibi. Since he was "outed" I've found the character less interesting, and by God I hate the new costume sooo much! Not the point, I know, but it stinks.
Anyway, regaining his secret identity by ANY means will most definitely rekindle my interest in my favourite character.

You have to be careful what you wish for. I remember people in the past on this message board wanted DD's secret ID back so bad, that they wanted to come up with bad excuse plots to bring it back, including retconing several years worth of stories by saying the whole story with DD's ID being revealed should have just been a dream. That would have been horrible, we don't need to turn Daredevil into Dallas.

So I think how DD got his ID back is important, its not something that should be glossed over, actions should have consequences.

Now this is just my speculation based on the solicit for DD 17 and not any facts, but it looks like the price for DD getting his ID back is making a deal with a rapist/serial killer, which could be a good or bad story development, its too early to tell. It could make DD look immoral and selfish or could be in an interesting tale about having to make moral compromises to get through life.

Purple Man doing it makes more sense then Mephisto, Mephisto restoring Spidey's ID in exchange for his marriage and this hardly ever gets mentioned again, was the height of garbage corporate mandated story telling.

Though Purple Man being one of the few people who knows could be interesting, the guy is a psychopath with no morals, so what would he get out of this? Also who else would still know, back in the 80s Fisk was too strong willed to be affected by Killgrave's power, but Killgrave may have become more powerful since then.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:
Also who else would still know, back in the 80s Fisk was too strong willed to be affected by Killgrave's power, but Killgrave may have become more powerful since then.

I don't know if Victor Von Doom is still in the Marvel Universe following Secret Wars, but Killgrave had no affect on him either.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
The Overlord wrote:
Also who else would still know, back in the 80s Fisk was too strong willed to be affected by Killgrave's power, but Killgrave may have become more powerful since then.

I don't know if Victor Von Doom is still in the Marvel Universe following Secret Wars, but Killgrave had no affect on him either.

Doom is currently running around as Iron Man...
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
The Overlord wrote:

Yeah but Dr. Doom wouldn't care about DD's secret ID anyway, even if Purple Man managed to erase knowledge of DD's secret ID from Doom's mind, Doom could rediscover it with little effort.

Doom just wouldn't care, Doom sees DD as one of the many heroes who is generally beneath his notice, unless he has specific scheme in mind that DD would somehow prove useful to, he will just ignore DD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: