Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bullseye #1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late to this one.

This issue was a lot of fun. It's either this or the first one that's my favorite so far. There's just good kinetic violence from beginning to end. The highlight remains the Nocenti characters. They're very much written true to form. Shotgun is just selfish. Bullet on the other hand is much more noble. I got choked up when I found out why he wanted to take this job. I hope things work out well for him. I literally don't care who else dies as long as Bullet and Bullseye make it out alive.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
This issue was a lot of fun. It's either this or the first one that's my favorite so far. There's just good kinetic violence from beginning to end.

If Marvel does another Bullseye mini in the future, this one provides a nice template to follow.

Mike Murdock wrote:
The highlight remains the Nocenti characters. They're very much written true to form. Shotgun is just selfish. Bullet on the other hand is much more noble. I got choked up when I found out why he wanted to take this job. I hope things work out well for him. I literally don't care who else dies as long as Bullet and Bullseye make it out alive.

It would be senseless to off Bullseye again considering everything he’s gone through recently to make it back to where he is now, and I think Bullet and Shotgun might make it too. Joy is more problematic as she’s a little too revenge focused unless her FBI training or her husband’s memory jars her out of it.
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daredevil and Kingpin shoutouts in the fourth issue make me wonder just how well known are all the superheroes and supervillains in the Marvel universe. Bullet holding the tiger was amazing and unexpected. Bullseye himself was very funny in this issue, and I liked how he even got personal admitting that killing his father was liberating. Joy’s interplay with him was also really well done. Bullseye is correct that killing him is not going to make anything better for her because he never cared in the first place. Is it bad that I want S.H.I.E.L.D. to save everyone in the final issue?

In addition, Sanna and Mrva did a great job drawing and coloring the Electroblade scenes; the sound effects and blue and white really made those scenes pop with how painful that would be.
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue five was a good, impactful ending to this mini between Teodor’s end and the ship escape, so Brisson, Sanna, and Mrva should be proud. I’m happy that Bullseye, Joy, Bullet, and Shotgun made it out alive. Bullseye dealt with Fabian in an imaginative way, and his last two lines were chillingly perfect. I’m glad this story didn’t try to excuse his actions, and I wonder when he’ll turn up next.

The only thing that wasn’t wrapped up was Joy’s hunt for Bullseye, so if there’s ever a sequel to this story, she needs to show up. She can bring The Punisher along and tell Bullseye she took his dating advice.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a good ending (although I think Bullseye is a hard character to sustain). To me, her story was wrapped up because the ineffectual attempt is the point. Obviously, this wasn't going to be a story where she kills Bullseye.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: