Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Question about potential renumbering and Daredevil Reborn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
Something I just noticed in today's DAREDEVIL #22 is that the title will ship twice in October, so that means #594 is coming out in October (#27, then #594).

So with Marvel's announcement that they are renumbering Daredevil at #595, that's November, and then #600 in April?

Dimetre wrote:
I do, however, like the idea of original numbering. Hopefully Marvel sticks with it this time, instead of the one year we got with it at the end of Volume 2.

Me too. I understand why Marvel relaunches titles, but the fact that they had to release a All-New, All-Different Marvel Reading Chronology just shows that renumbering too frequently makes everything overly complicated. Either they need to keep the original numbering, or they need to relaunch with month and year indicators on the books so people know the proper reading order without a separate guide. It shouldn't be this hard.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The month/year indicators only really work if they relaunch in a January as opposed to an October. I feel they could always have the long-term issue number and then a smaller issue number for the story arc or something to help lure in new readers.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
nerdinthenoke
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
The month/year indicators only really work if they relaunch in a January as opposed to an October. I feel they could always have the long-term issue number and then a smaller issue number for the story arc or something to help lure in new readers.

They did something similar during the beginning of Bendis' run on the title. They had both the Vol. 2 and Vol.1 numbering and it didn't seem to confuse anyone. I'd be more than ok with some sort of system like this.
nerdinthenoke
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice to see a graphic from Marvel showing how they are getting to #595 for the Legacy renumbering in November.

By my count we get the following:

Vol. 1 (1964): #1-380
Vol. 2 (1998): #1-119
Vol. 1 (1964): #500-512
Vol. 3 (2011): #1-36
Vol. 4 (2014): #1-18
Vol. 5 (2016): #1-26 (solicited through September)

That would bring the total to #592 so if two more issues are solicited for October release (not out of the question considering the last few months), that would bring us up to #595 in November.

As you can tell, this numbering DOES NOT include any 1/2, .1, or .5 issues or DD: Reborn.

This is the only way I can hit that number in a way that makes sense. Seeing Marvel's official count would be nice. They haven't been very consistent with what they do/don't include for other titles getting the Legacy renumbering so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: