Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Characters who will never appear in the Daredevil show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Characters who will never appear in the Daredevil show Reply with quote

I saw this list of characters who likely will never be in the MCU, which includes Stilt-Man, Matador, Jester, Mr. Hyde and Cobra:

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-villains-never-mcu/

That list is flawed, because I am pretty sure Mr. Hyde has shown up in Agents of Shield, but there are a fair amount of C-list Daredevil villains on that list.

So which characters will never show up in the Daredevil show?
LightningandIce
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Matador, a guy with the reflexes, speed, cunning, and confidence to successfully fight a bull would probably put up a damn good fight against a regular human. He only looks foolish in the comics because of his outfit, and because our hero is a literal ninja.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotgut.

Even though he'd sort of be a good fit.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they went a bit more villain of the week, Rotgut would be great. But in their style of show, it's never going to happen.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
If they went a bit more villain of the week, Rotgut would be great. But in their style of show, it's never going to happen.

What? You don't want to see Daredevil hunt Rotgut for a whole season? I guess that would almost be as boring as watching Jessica Jones hunt Purple Man for a whole season.

Why aren't you laughing?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have to agree to disagree on Jessica Jones.

But Rotgut was a two-parter in the comics. This isn't The Fall. It can't support a whole season.

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt Angar the Screamer will ever make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He already did in Agents of SHIELD. Unfortunately, they botched the character.

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:

But Rotgut was a two-parter in the comics. This isn't The Fall. It can't support a whole season.

But none of the Netflix shows are The Fall or the Wire. That's their massive weakness. This "one villain for a whole season" approach doesn't hold up because the writing and the characters just aren't good enough to sustain it. It also leads to episodes or at least huge parts of episodes where nothing happens. And huge amounts of repetition. Didn't Jessica Jones catch Purple Man but then he ran way? I've complained about it before but there's a sequence in Jessica Jones where her and her friend spend, like, half an hour trying to get into a morgue but when they do it's a dead end. It's just super boring.

Or Iron Fist (which I am still struggling through). Three episodes of him getting his corp back? Why?

If they cut the fat from these shows each season would be 3 episodes.

Why aren't you laughing?
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Mike Murdock wrote:

But none of the Netflix shows are The Fall or the Wire. That's their massive weakness. This "one villain for a whole season" approach doesn't hold up because the writing and the characters just aren't good enough to sustain it. It also leads to episodes or at least huge parts of episodes where nothing happens. And huge amounts of repetition. Didn't Jessica Jones catch Purple Man but then he ran way? I've complained about it before but there's a sequence in Jessica Jones where her and her friend spend, like, half an hour trying to get into a morgue but when they do it's a dead end. It's just super boring.

Or Iron Fist (which I am still struggling through). Three episodes of him getting his corp back? Why?

If they cut the fat from these shows each season would be 3 episodes.

I don't think these shows have to be the Wire to be entertaining, just like the Avengers doesn't have to be the Godfather to be entertaining.

The fact is, shows like Arrow, the Flash and Supergirl have villains of the week, while also focusing on a main story with a big bad guy, but those villains and shows can falter as well.

I think Jessica Jones would have been better if they reduced the episode count to 10, the chase between Jessica and Kilgrave would have been more short and to the point. Legion has one villain and 8 episodes and most people rave about that show.

I don't think rotgut has the chops to be a Big Bad, drving the plot for an entire season, it seems like at best he could be a sub plot villain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: