Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Is the Hand interesting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I tend to agree. I have nothing against the Hand conceptually and their initial few appearances were quite cool. But you have to pretty much accept that, when you see them, you're getting the same thing.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
Welcome. I tend to agree. I have nothing against the Hand conceptually and their initial few appearances were quite cool. But you have to pretty much accept that, when you see them, you're getting the same thing.

But why does that have to be the case? Why can't the Hand develop into something more dynamic and interesting?

It wouldn't be that hard, just give some members of the Hand characterization, give them a dynamic leader who is a character in his own right, rather then some throwaway generic villain being in charge. With a leader and members with actual characterization, you can develop their agenda more.

Why not give them some depth, instead of just making them a series of "cool moments" and nothing else.

I prefer the League of Assassins from Batman and the Foot from TMNT (which started off as a parody of the Hand), because both those groups have dynamic leaders and members with characterization. At this point I like a group that started off as a parody of the Hand, better then the Hand itself.

Frank Miller made his mark partially by taking old villains like Kingpin, Bullseye and Gladiator and revamping them to fit his vision, why shouldn't a writer try to do that with the Hand, instead of being slavishly devoted to the Frank Miller version of the Hand, which after more then 30 years, is played out.
George Barett
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, another comment that didn't post

Hi Mike and Overlord. I had just tried to post a previous comment a few minutes ago, but I do not see it appear again.

If this one post's, I wished to thank you for you're responses and to also inform you that I had just recently noticed that the forum has a page 1,2, etc format, otherwise I would have replied much sooner as in on the 14th or 15th of this month.

Let em try again. Should I hit the preview box first this time, or just the submit like before?
George Barett
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again my friends and Merry (belated) Christmas with a Happy New Year '18. May health find each of you this and every coming NwYr.

"Is The Hand Interesting?". I've had time to chew on this one some more since last being able to post and have concluded a new found respect for the utmost importance inferred by this particular question upon many aspects our hero's status in the past, present, and future.

This view of course is founded upon the extreme frequency with which this discussion's particular entity has been exploited from withinin our daredevil's lore from it's founding down through the course of his history.

Congratulations Overlord, you hit the spot with this one. And you again correctly contrast with the effectivness that The League Of Assassins has been employed by DC. I now maintain that it is critical that The Hand's kinks being worked out should take executive priority and that the creators at marvel be given full and free rein.

I am not as of yet in position to offer any solid proposals for what course of action should be followed for their re-engineering, though I have been giving The Hand as much time for thought as I can afford and wish to follow up when I have sorted out some rough ideas that are accumulated and circulating in my mind.

Thank you for the pertinent topic and we'll meet again sooner this time. Be well all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: