Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Man Without Fear Weekly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Man Without Fear Weekly Reply with quote

At NYC comic con, Marvel announced Man Without Fear, which is a new weekly series starting in January 2019 from writer Jed MacKay and artist Danilo Beyruth. Newsarama says it will visit different corners of Daredevil’s world, and CBR says it will focus on the aftermath of Daredevil’s death. I’ve never read anything by MacKay before, but I have seen Beyruth’s art in Deadpool vs. Gambit, and he can draw Daredevil based on Daredevil’s appearance in the first issue of that mini.

However, and I can only speak for myself, I am not paying twenty dollars a month (or more, if that first issue is $4.99, for instance, ouch) for Daredevil without Daredevil. No Matt, no purchase. I really don’t care about Sam/Mike Murdock/Frank McGee/whoever taking over, Bullseye eating his morning cereal, or whatever else Marvel deems interesting enough to put in this series. Yes, I’d like to see how Elektra deals with Matt gone, but if I buy it for that, it sends the message to Marvel that I approve of these kinds of stunts, which I don’t. Honestly, I’m very curious to see what kind of content Marvel thinks is worth publishing this weekly for as most of the people who would miss Matt have their own lives going on and aren’t going to do much besides get a new lawyer; how long is this series supposed to run? It will already be up to issue #5 after one month.

Now if this does end up being about Matt, I'll buy it, and I suppose it's a good thing that Marvel thinks the brand is worth getting a weekly for however long considering that's a level of push that's been reserved for the likes of the Avengers and X-Men, but I still don't like all the drama just to drive up interest. Stunts have diminishing returns compared to solid storytelling.
Mike Murdock
Parts of a Hole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timing is a bit odd too. The regaining of a secret identity isolated Daredevil from much of the superhero community. It seems a weird time for them to all mourn his death.

That being said, if you want to read about the last time Daredevil faked his own death, feel free to join in on our Fall From Grace discussion going on over in the Daredevil book club thread. Unless the last time was Shadowland, in which case don't read Shadowland.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dumbfounded by this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: