Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

War Scrolls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: War Scrolls Reply with quote

Did anyone else pick up War Scrolls #1?

I was surprised at how much Jason Aaron depicted Matt as a devout Catholic. He berates Thor for referring to himself as a God, repeatedly telling him, "You're not God." That's a louder Christian than I ever imagined Matt being.

Other than that, I thought the Daredevil story was okay. I haven't read the other stories yet. Apparently Daredevil's new situation will be explained in War of the Realms #3, and his story will continue in War Scrolls #2.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wasn't a fan with how he wrote Matt at the beginning of the story. He's never been that sanctimonious.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its in character for a God believing man, which Matt is, to call out false Gods. You don't have to be holier than thou to make comments like that. I personally love the religious aspect of his character. I hope to see more.
lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a little off putting. Thor clearly believes he’s a god. It seems a little too close to running up to a muslim or hindu and shouting at them for not believing in your god and telling them they’re going to hell. Not exactly the same thing but closer to it than matt should ever get.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil24 wrote:
Its in character for a God believing man, which Matt is, to call out false Gods. You don't have to be holier than thou to make comments like that. I personally love the religious aspect of his character. I hope to see more.

It feels off-putting because he's never done it before. Maybe he believes Mephisto is the real satan, I don't know, but you'd have thought he would have done something there, for example.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: