Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #14 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #14?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #14 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #14 by Zdarsky, Checchetto, Mobili, Woodard, Cowles, Tedesco and Skan ships December 4th and here's the cover and preview!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V6-014

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issue ships!
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zdarsky is doing a great job with thought-provoking dialogue. Matt Murdock follows his own moral compass. He judges himself. But Cole is right that people don't get to do that. That being said, Matt's response is valid as well. Cole was able to submit himself to the system but the system is slanted in his favor (not that he was asking for it). There's no clear answers and, in a world where outright corruption screws things up even more, sometimes there's an acceptable gray area.

Fisk's story and Matt's story are starting to intersect since it seems Fisk's struggles with politics are from the top, which is the same reason for the Hell's Kitchen No-Go Zone. Next issue might be a team up with Elektra. I'm curious how they'll handle it.

Four Stars. I loved the opening dialogue. There's plenty of twists and turns so I'm not sure where it's going to go, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since the end of the previous issue when I saw this cover with the coffee, I was looking forward to the conversation between Matt and Cole. I guess I built it up too much in my mind. It's great, and we get to learn a lot about Cole, but it's surprisingly brief. It only occupies five pages.

Francesco Mobili shares art credits with Marco Checchetto this month, and I certainly felt like someone else was providing the art during the Kingpin scene. The art kind of reminded me of David Ross, who filled in for Joe Quesada during "Parts of a Hole." The art was good, but just not as sharp and the mouths were kind of weird.

We see Mindy again this issue, but Matt's encounter with her doesn't go well. If this is the last time Matt meets with her, I think he's well rid of her, partly because her sense of entitlement to have an affair, and also because of the pointy teeth she has in one panel. They look like they could puncture a basketball.

This issue is another in which a lot of chess pieces are being moved around to enable another big narrative shift. But I think it's Cole who makes this issue special. His character is undergoing a big journey. He's the one who has to examine where he came from and where he's going. That's partly why I wanted a longer coffee scene than we got.

This isn't the best we've gotten from Zdarsky and Checchetto, but it's still good. I gave it a four.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: