Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #15 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #15?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #15 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #15 ships December 18th and here is the cover and preview!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V6-015

The issue by Zdarsky, Checchetto, Mobili, Woodard, Cowles and Tedesco (variant by Brown) comes out next week!

Please use this thread for all discussion!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still loving Chip Zdarsky's run. I think he has very skillfully juxtaposed Matt and Fisk's story, focusing on their fluctuations of control over their lives.

I guess I was wrong about Francesco's Mobili's art last issue. It seems that he's drawing the Kingpin pages and Marco Checchetto is handling Matt's story. I thought it was because of the time it takes Checchetto to create his art, and it still might be, but I also think it helps separate the two stories.

Quinn and Una Stromwyn are great characters. They're the richest people in America, and they don't value anything but their own comfort. They do everything with a smile. I hope we see more of them.

If anything held back this issue, it's that I was unclear what Matt and Elektra were doing with the Governor. Was he responsible for the police turning bad? I would have thought that the police were a municipal matter in New York City, not a state matter.

Not that it's a criticism of this issue, I find it weird that Fisk is presumed dead after his limo was blown up in the pages of Captain America, and now we have Fisk being beaten up and tossed out a window here. It appears that he won't die in Daredevil, given that the Stromwyns made sure paramedics were on site. I just don't know how stories get approved in Marvel these days when the continuity gets so obviously messed up.

I did like the way this issue ended, with Matt and Elektra locked in an embrace. I don't know what to expect from Zdarsky when it comes to handling their relationship, but I'm firmly on board.

I gave this a four.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'm not reading Captain America, but the only way to make it work is to assume they're not happening at identical times. The order would have to be decided later. It's not ideal, but it can work.

It's good to see Foggy again. I feel bad because I feel like Matt uses him more than treats him like an equal. With some rare exceptions, that's often been the case since he learned Matt's identity. It's honestly a bit of a shame because it reduces him from a fun partner to a nag. This is especially true when they're not legal partners.

A lot of this issue focuses on Fisk and his attempts to be a power player in the political world. These guys are so smug that Fisk seems good by default. His story is intersecting pretty strongly with Matt's at this point since the bad guys are the same people.

The focus with Matt and Elektra is less on the training or arguably the bad guys and more on her motivation. I think that's a good angle to take. She really can't just be a pure good guy. That being said, distrust for its own sake is also boring given the length of time the characters have been together. Honestly, her motivation seems to be one of recklessness sort of the way it was in The Man Without Fear, but time will tell if that's correct.

A good continuation of the established story. I'll go Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
jriddle
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
If anything held back this issue, it's that I was unclear what Matt and Elektra were doing with the Governor. Was he responsible for the police turning bad? I would have thought that the police were a municipal matter in New York City, not a state matter.

Someone "higher up" appears to be allowing what's happening in the Kitchen; cops have orders not to touch it. After North ignored this, Matt overheard that the police commissioner is now in trouble with the governor. The governor gave the order to turn a blind eye. Matt wanted to know why.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: