Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

life after Bendis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

so, erm....whaddayathink?
Kirkman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Millar (we'd be lucky)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Miller (get over it, not gonna happen.)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Vietch
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Ennis
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what. i'm not sure how to answer this question...i don;t think i'd want any old team on the job right away, just for a change of pace.
i have a laundry list of writers that i actually love now, most of them forced upon me because of my BF and his love of X-Men, so to many to choose from.
but if i had to choose anyone to write DD after Bendis i think it would be Peter David. I loved this guy since he wrote, and still writes Star Trek books. David's always been able to find the most obscure characteristic of any character and turn it into the most endearing, or enjoyable, or most fascinating for that moment of time he focuses on it.
New light on established characters.
But i'm gonna wait around and see what happens, we still got atleast seven months before they name someone for sure.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddess0Whim wrote:
you know what. i'm not sure how to answer this question...i don;t think i'd want any old team on the job right away, just for a change of pace.
i have a laundry list of writers that i actually love now...

Good points. I can see the advantages of new faces. I've been really digging Robert Kirkman's work. He has a playful writing style that reminds me of Ulitmate Spider-man. Of course Mark Miller would be excellent. I absolutely love Judd Winick's work! This guy is the new Bendis. Cool Just wait, in a year or two he'll be huge (well huger Smile ). He would write a fantastic Daredevil. It would likely have the more light hearted tone that I think he's needed, but not to the degree that Kirkman or Kessel would achieve. However, Winick would write incredibly sophisticated stories with wonderful characters and great action. (Check out his last Batman arc.)
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny you say that about Winninck because i thougth that myself last night...he's so good on EXILES i actually convinced myself to try some of his DC work..and i HATE DC! that guy is good! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: