Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself! Reply with quote

If you've recently joined the board, why don't you tell us a little about yourself and why you are a fan of Daredevil? Let us know why you started collecting, who your favourite writer is etc.
Daredevi1
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there.......
1st thing Congratulations Kuljit for the site !!!! It has been 9 years of great DD info,news, reviews,etc. and thats great specially for a fan who doesn`t get all DD related stuff as fast as I would like to!!!!
Well my name Paulo Soto I`m 27 , i`m from santiago de chile, i`m a fifth year med-student who really likes DD , not cause he is the greatest hero around, it`s because he`s really low profile guy ,kind of a loser sometimes (several broken ribs, 3 murdered girlfriends, divorced, orphan and BLIND) and he overcome all that stuff to fight evil with his bare hands and his billy club.......thats why he`s the best.
writers.......mmmmm i`m just a great Chichester fan ( with Mc Daniel in art!!) but aldo i`m a grat fan of miller,bendis, nocenti .......who i don`like???? kessel ( to much spidey his DD)
artist...........Mc Daniel, Maleev, Both Romitas, Quesada, Mazuchelli.......... who i don`like??? Mac Mannus , Nord, few other i don`t recall
well thast all
i`ll keep posting iif the hospital does`nt kiddnap me
sincerely yours

Evil or Very Mad
DD
Evil or Very Mad

Diabolico, Destructor del Crimen
DDFan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys my name is Tom Lyons...

I'm very new here but I'll probably be posting a lot... I'm not a hardcore comics fan... but I fell in love with DD comics... I usually collect TPB I have all the newer ones (Vol. 2) I think they're considered and I have the legends... wondering if you guys could recommend anything else I should get...

I'm a regular over at UltimateCentral (I collect Ultimate Comics) where I am always fighting for Daredevil... there seems to be some anti DD fans over there... it gets kinda rough....

Thanks for the welcome ... i'll be keepin' in touch
Ali Kryton
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I've been posting around a bit, might as well introduce myself.

I've been a lurker for awhile - used to post sporadically on the old board as Allison. First got into DD right before the movie, actually. My friend's room is overstuffed with comics and I noticed "Born Again" sitting around. Having seen a trailer for the film I thought I'd pick it up and see just why this guy was getting his own movie.

Ever since then, Daredevil has been pretty much my primary interest in comicdom. As a character Matt Murdock has no peer; I can never have him completely figured out, and I love that. He's fascinating, intense, relatable, and and real... well, as real as you can get in the Marvel universe.

Unfortunately I don't have regular access to a comicshop, so I'm stuck ordering the trades whenever they come out. But I've built up a pretty sizeable collection of all the essentials. Finally got a chance to read "The Widow" and couldn't have been more thrilled with it. Brilliant stuff; I'm going to miss Bendis and Maleev when they leave the title, but boy, have they made their mark, and made it permanent.
DrewEiden
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody I'm definitely new. I'm not a big Daredevil fan but I do have some back issues. I came to the boards because I heard from my friend, DDFan, that this is a cool place.

I'm a reviewer/moderator/correspondent over at comixfan.com and I'm the admin at MercWithAMouth.com and it's message board: the EDBoards. I hope to sit back relax and read some good discussions.
Alan Amos
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I am from a village called Dechmont, outside of Edinburgh, Scotland. At the moment I'm studying for a Masters in English Literature at Aalborg University in Denmark.
I will be 32 pretty soon, I enjoy reading Daredevil and have done since I can remember getting the old Daredevil/Hulk Mighty World of Marvel comics back in the late seventies/early eighties.
Since becoming financially independent at the age of 16, I have spent most of my disposable income buying Daredevil (amongst other comics), and have not long to go before I start to attempt the magic figure of the 'first 21 issues' to complete my full run of Volume 1, but honestly, I'm not like an anal retentive 'comicbookguy' type or anything.

Other books I collect include Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JSA, Amazing Spider-Man and Blue Monday comics.

Interests outside comics include reading 'proper' books, beer, guitars, and Vespa scooters.
Libra Sword
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Introduction... Reply with quote

Hello, I'm from Galveston, Texas but recently moved to the Pacific Northwest. I've been a long time collector of various comic books since I was 10 or so, back in the mid to late 80s. X-Men was the book(s) I got primarily, starting with X-Factor and The Uncanny X-Men and later with the other books as was necessary.

During the early 90s, I got a little tired of how comics were being done, especially the X-Men titles- the number of books doubled and crossovers abounded. After losing my 1,000+ issue collection to theft, the state of the industry really didn't make me want to pick up the pieces and start over.

I did collect a few Image titles during the 90s- namely Wild C.A.T.S and other X-Men ripoffs, but it wasn't the same. After a while, my faith in comics as an artistic medium waned to almost nothing and I found other things to do with my disposible income (namely role-playing games and videogames).

Later, I picked up (by chance) the first issue of Morrison's run on the New X-Men. I was hooked and started getting my old favorite books again, including the TBPs so I could be caught up on the story. It seemed like the mistakes of the past were finally learned from, and quality X-titles were being produced again.

But then, history began to repeat itself...

No fewer than 2 new X-books and a slew of unasked-for solo titles. Gambit? Okay. Rogue? Eh, maybe. Nightcrawler? Huh? Jubliee? WTF? Then X-Force along with the dreaded Rob Liefield. Ugh... Not only that, but Wolverine was in every book. He was even in non-X-Books. My favorite character was being pimped out to the likes of the FF and ever other sales-slumped book. It was the 90s all over again.

Once again, my heroes had become corporate shrills. They were coated with a colorful candy shell and filled with creamy nougat, then packaged with samples of Tide and inside Happy Meals.

This time, however, I was unwilling to turn my back on comics for good. Along with the X-Books, I had been reading another book- gritty and edgy with an attitude- Conan from Dark Horse. I'm a big fantasy fan, but I also wanted super-heroes. I needed something with the drama and depth the X-books were capable of, with the grit and edge of Conan. I needed a hero.

Batman came to mind, but he had almost as many books as the X-Men. Spider-Man? Same deal, only with way less edge. The Punisher? Guns aren't for superheroes, they're for criminals. Spawn? No good writers...

Then it hit me. Daredevil.

Just to try it out, I picked up the Daredevil Marvel Knights TPBs, volumes 1 and 2- Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith, and Parts of a Hole by David Mack.

...I was blown away. I couldn't believe this character had been there all these years, right under my nose, while I had been wasting my time on mutants. Even my girlfriend (a Witchblade fangirl) loved the books. It was perfect, and my faith in comics was restored.

Now, I'm working on completing my Marvel Knights Daredevil TPBs, as well as getting the Frank Miller volumes and whatever else I can get my hands on.

I'm a new Daredevil fan for life.
Blind Alley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't post much, I'll take the opportunity of this thread to tell a bit about me.
My name is JP Nguyen, I was born in Vietnam but I have lived in France since I was 3. I'm 27 now and work as an engineer in telecommunications.
I've known this fan site for years and months ago, I provided a few wallpapers.
In France, in the eighties, Marvel comics were much more translated than DC Comics. So I came to comics through Marvel, and I became a DD-fan after re-reading Miller-era issues.

Other comics I read : 100 Bullets, Supreme Power, Powers, Planetary, some Batman or Superman stories.

I also enjoy mangas, cooking, playing pool and drawing.

Some drawings of DD I made can be found on my website :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/greyshade-city/dessins_Daredevil.htm

Bye,

JP
Perfect Death
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am Sara. I started collecting Elektra comics when Assassin came out. And that of course led me to reading Daredevil. I love Murdoch. He is a hero that does his job and doesn't whine about it. He seems such a good guy who is trying to do the right thing.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started reading Daredevil after the movie. I've always like superheros, but never really read the comic books until a few years ago. I read Batman: The Long Halloween, and was blown away by how good it was. At the time Batman was my favorite superhero, so I started reading a lot of Batman graphic novels. I liked the Daredevil movie, so I started reading the comics. I think the first one I read was Yellow because it was by Jeph Loeb, who did The Long Halloween. It was ok, so I kept going. I read Guardian Devil, thought it was ok, and then started reading the Bendis/Maleev stuff. I first read them a little out of order because Barnes and Noble didn't have all of them at once. I loved the art, and the story kept me going. Finally about a year ago I started buying them, and it's been like a crack habit ever since. Daredevil has replaced Batman as my favorite superhero, although Batman is a close second. My favorites are Born Again and Hardcore. I also read Ultimate Spider-Man, the Ultimates, some Batman (although most of the Batman comics suck), and every once in a while the Punisher.

I'm a grad. student right now, graduating in May, and hoping to get a job anywhere in the nation except the deep South. I'm from Oregon, currently attending Louisiana State University, and I can't wait to get out of here.
quickstopclerk59
Flying Blind

Location: Texas (not a redneck and i have never ridden a horse)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendis Rules!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I come to this site looking for new posts everyday and tonight I was welcomed by one in almost every thread... looks like you'll be good to have discussions with ...

Welcome to Quickstop
chaw
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow DD fans, i'm bob from Sydney, Australia. i started reading comics again about two or so years ago (cause of New X-men), mostly just stuff from Marvel like Spidey & X-men, but only picked up Daredevil recently, because my friend recommended him & cause he told me the widow & Spidey was in it as well. So he lent me his tpb of DD vol 9 & and from then on i was hooked on the character. I then subsequently went out & brought vol 10 the widow, which made me love DD even more. Now i'm planning to buy the entire MK DD run on Hardcover & posting my valuable opinion on this forum Wink
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great to see so many positive responses and from such a wide variety of readers! This is hands down one of the best fansites out there, Kuljit does a great job and almost all of the posting is friendly and constructive.

I've been lax at posting recently - work (and play!) seems to have got in the way of my DD-related discussions of late - but I just want to say hi and welcome to all new posters!

Dave
Bullseye
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. While not a "new" poster, I haven't participated all that much, but that should chsnge. Love the site and can't wait to jump in the conversation. I'm a DD fan from the early 1980s and was one of many who were blown away by the Frank Miller and later, the Dennis O'Neill stuff. Just busted my old DD comics out of purgatory and will be reading up on Matt Murdock and company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: