Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quickstopclerk59
Flying Blind

Location: Texas (not a redneck and i have never ridden a horse)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendis Rules!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I come to this site looking for new posts everyday and tonight I was welcomed by one in almost every thread... looks like you'll be good to have discussions with ...

Welcome to Quickstop
chaw
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow DD fans, i'm bob from Sydney, Australia. i started reading comics again about two or so years ago (cause of New X-men), mostly just stuff from Marvel like Spidey & X-men, but only picked up Daredevil recently, because my friend recommended him & cause he told me the widow & Spidey was in it as well. So he lent me his tpb of DD vol 9 & and from then on i was hooked on the character. I then subsequently went out & brought vol 10 the widow, which made me love DD even more. Now i'm planning to buy the entire MK DD run on Hardcover & posting my valuable opinion on this forum Wink
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great to see so many positive responses and from such a wide variety of readers! This is hands down one of the best fansites out there, Kuljit does a great job and almost all of the posting is friendly and constructive.

I've been lax at posting recently - work (and play!) seems to have got in the way of my DD-related discussions of late - but I just want to say hi and welcome to all new posters!

Dave
Bullseye
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. While not a "new" poster, I haven't participated all that much, but that should chsnge. Love the site and can't wait to jump in the conversation. I'm a DD fan from the early 1980s and was one of many who were blown away by the Frank Miller and later, the Dennis O'Neill stuff. Just busted my old DD comics out of purgatory and will be reading up on Matt Murdock and company.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi guys, I have been a regular, well voyeur (is suppose the best way to describe it!) on the site and message board since watching the daredevil film. I have only just got a computer at home and a non work email address, so my first task was to register on the best message board.

Sorry if I bore everyone but here goes:

I had never really heard of DD (sorry guys) until the film, I went to see the film and was totally blown away by the great idea and the great story. Now I know that either Train or RGJ or one of you regular posters hates the film, but at the time I really enjoyed it. I have started to get DD every month from #44, I have since via all the English comic shops I can find and Ebay managed to get all of Vol. 2. My comic shop is sometimes abit slow, so I am only up to #67 at the moment.

Having read the comic, I can see why the film is flawed and not much like the hero that we all read about, but I still enjoy the Hollywood version and a few tweeks here and there and it would be about right. A comic book related film is never going to win any oscars, so as long as it entertains right??

Love the message board, I was normally that anonymous guest visiting on every Mon - Fri between 12:30 - 13:00. I am not shy in the slightest but work are strict with access, so I did not want to push any thing, hardly without fear eh Embarassed .

I will stop waffling now, great to finally be here guys. Thanks.

Yo Dave Wallace, do you buy your comics from Nostalgia comics by New st. Station?
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
Yo Dave Wallace, do you buy your comics from Nostalgia comics by New st. Station?

Yep, sure do! Have you been in there much? They're a nice bunch in there, and they're pretty up-to-date - like a lot of UK stores, they get new comics in on a Thursday instead of the Wednesday in the US. If you want current stuff I'm sure they'll set you up a standing order like I have, and they've got a fair few boxes of backissues if there's anything you're keen on tracking down.

(There's a Forbidden Planet in Birmingham too, but I'm keener to support Nostaligia as the comparatively independent store. Plus their selection is a lot better, and they're a bit cheaper too.)
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
I know that either Train or RGJ or one of you regular posters hates the film, but at the time I really enjoyed it.

What the!? You mean I let that slip? Laughing

rgj

Welcome to regular posting Privateer.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What the!? You mean I let that slip?

rgj

Welcome to regular posting Privateer.

HI rgj, good to hear from you.

You must be pleased to learn that MSJ is going to be directing Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider then. Pencilled for a summer 2006 release, no doubt it will be Easter 2007 in England then!

There is a Ghost Rider, Ennis scripted mini series, coming out in Sept 05, as a taster before the movie, as I know nothing about Ghost Rider, MSJ will be sculpting my early impressions. Lets hope that he learns off his DD errors.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yep, sure do! Have you been in there much? They're a nice bunch in there, and they're pretty up-to-date - like a lot of UK stores, they get new comics in on a Thursday instead of the Wednesday in the US. If you want current stuff I'm sure they'll set you up a standing order like I have, and they've got a fair few boxes of backissues if there's anything you're keen on tracking down.

(There's a Forbidden Planet in Birmingham too, but I'm keener to support Nostaligia as the comparatively independent store. Plus their selection is a lot better, and they're a bit cheaper too.)

Hi Dave,

I use a comic shop in bristol called Kathies comics, you get 4p credit with every £1 spend so I do get some "free" stuff at the end of the year, I am probably down when you add in the postage but it gets delivered to my door and I can't always get in to town.

I usually go to Nostalgia on a Friday afternoon, I finish work at one, so I get time to browse. I have just got back issues for Sleeper and Global Frequency from there, they did have a good selection till I raped it.

Kathies are sometimes abit slow with the comics, but then again them may be waiting to make the postage more economical.

It is good to know that there are some DD fans in the next county!
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're all over! It's like the Masons. Cas - who also posts on these boards - is not from far away either.
theVman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DD board

This is my first post here. Im theVman and have recently become a fan of the Marvel Knights DD series. For Christmas of 2004 my friend brought me the Kevin Smith Gaudian Devil graphic novel (im a massive kevin smith fan) and i F*cking loved it. I have now ordered series of the trades off the intenet and have just finished Parts of a Hole. just about to start Wake Up and have Out waiting - also have also ordered Underboss but that hasn't arrived yet.

i think the reason a love DD is because, unlike some super heroes, he's so vunerable. All the others are known for what the can do (spidey can shoot webs, superman can fly etc) whereas DD is known for the fact he can't do - see. Also he seems more human like in the movie he'd rather go have sex with a gorgoues woman than save an old lady getting mugged in an alley. THATS REAL.

Im one of those people that once I get obsessed by something I find out everything and learn about it real quick. Ive only been into DD comics for about a month but I've already learnt about FranK Millers run in Vol1 and how in introduced and killled ELEKTRA, and also about how DD had several different suits. But Im still learning so go easy on me in future posts if a seem a bit out the loop on something.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theVman wrote:

Also he seems more human like in the movie he'd rather go have sex with a gorgoues woman than save an old lady getting mugged in an alley. THATS REAL.

hello dude, nice to see i'm not a newbie around here anymore. but on the movie, rent the Director's Cut if you haven't seen it yet. it shows his detective skills and laywering skills MUCH better. and...it gives you a better sense of just why DD's love life just so truly stinks, TRULY. not just J.Garner eye candy.
see yah round the block! and have fun!
>GOW Wink
theVman
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see DD the DIRECTORS CUT - but it's not avaiable in the UK yet - a magazine has said it will be released but no ones seems to know when.
Americana
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's it goin. I'm sorta new here. I've posted here and there. I've been into comics for a while, mainly Spidey and Iron Man. I knew who DD was and after I saw the movie I decided to shell out the extra cash to buy the King Of Hells Kitchen first issue. Been on steady since then and I've got TPB 1-6 and Essential 1. DD is probably the best written/illustrated book ou there. I think Bendis/Maleev is a great team (which seem rare today) I plan on getting some Miller TPBs soon. (Must find Money)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: