Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #5 Preview and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #5?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #5 Preview and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #5 is finally shipping on November 23 after a few weeks' delay. Here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v7-005/

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issue ships!
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue was enjoyable enough. I don't think the fight with John Walker worked well. It seemed like it was trying to go somewhere but never really did. Other than that, I like the moments of compassion for the supervillains. I like that it built the greater mythos ever so incrementally. The story gives me very strong Shadowland vibes, though. Even though Daredevil isn't with the Hand, the costumes look very similar and the teaming up with villains doesn't help things. He looks cool with a hood, though. Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave this issue a four. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed the fight against John Walker. Matt, has some good character moments, especially his moment of self-doubt. That was an important moment to have, because he's outwardly projecting such unshakeable dedication to this Fist idea. And yes, it also reminds me too much of Shadowland, but I'm going to wait and see how this all transpires.

Still, the story is getting a bit complicated. There is now something called the Lunate Talisman, which takes the resurrection abilities of the Hand and banishes the souls of the dead to Hell, but reanimates their bodies under complete control of the Hand, with full use of their memories. That doesn't sound that different to the Hand's resurrection powers as we currently know them, but now I have this Lunate Talisman of which to keep track.

Daredevil's commentary about the prison system is somewhat surprising to read, since he's been putting villains behind bars for decades. Here, he's talking about how the prison system does nothing to achieve its goals of rehabilitation. Fair comment, but it seems like breaking villains out of a maximum security prison is taking things too far. On the plus side, I'm sure Iron Man and Captain America are going to have plenty to say about that next issue.

I think Chip Zdarsky and Rafael de Latorre could have done a better job showing the new powers Foggy and Detective Cole gained. Can Foggy now fly? We don't even know what Cole can now do that he couldn't already. It seems like an obvious thing you'd want to show off the top of the issue, and it was done surprisingly badly.

But the rest of the issue from the prison break onward was strong, especially the fight with John Walker, and I'm stoked for Iron Man and Cap's appearance coming up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: