Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

On the fence about buying the punisher?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not possible to say that any superhero has childhood issues to work out and is creepy? I mean, Batman molests children (Robin. I don't care what anyone else says.) I think if you look at it from a socialogical point of view, they are all taking out latent aggressive tendencies stemming from childhood trauma (i.e., Matt being beaten by Jack in MW/OF).

Just a thought.

JR.

P.S. The Punisher sucks. I was reading a bunch of early 90s Ghost Rider comics the other day, when Marvel had every character cross over with Punisher or Deathlok or both. They suck. Does anyone aside from me remember that miniseries where Punisher kills the entire Marvel universe? Retarded.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR wrote:

P.S. The Punisher sucks. I was reading a bunch of early 90s Ghost Rider comics the other day, when Marvel had every character cross over with Punisher or Deathlok or both. They suck. Does anyone aside from me remember that miniseries where Punisher kills the entire Marvel universe? Retarded.

Punisher kills the Marvel universe is re-printed in the Welcome Back Frank Hardback edition. Now I have only read the modern Ennis Punisher stuff and that is excellent, from what I have seen some of the earlier stuff does look a little ropey, but for me that is solely the fault of poor management abusing the character and poor editorial decisions.

Garth Ennis has got a perfect grip on the character and most of his Punisher works to date have been excellent. Playing devil's advocate, some of the MK series stories weren't great, but others were spot on. The Ennis and Steve Dillon MK stuff is very good, some of the art from the other series artists doesn't match up to the standard set by Dillon.

The current MAX series is great, Ennis has taken what is possibly a one-dimension character and breathed fresh life into him and given him far more depth. Even though they share the limelight in MK Pun#27 and the recent sort of follow-up Pun 2099, I always feel that if Elektra had a writer capable of what Garth Ennis has done and can do, then it would become a top title.

So to my original point of posting, The punisher doesn't suck, at least not all the modern stuff!
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing is this...Ennis makes every title he writes good, because he is very good at what he does. Unfortunately, without the force that is Ennis, characters can suck. Like the Punisher. And like Elektra in her solo efforts. Just a simple fact. Ennis' War Stories are amazing, and Preacher is the best comic run of all time. Whatever he touches turns to gold. I'm sure that Ennis could write "Lex Steele, the Bulletproof man!" and make it enjoyable. It doesn't change the fact that Punisher isnt very good without guidance. Just look at the storyline directly after Ennis left the title for a bit. Punisher going back in time to fight Al Capone? Retarded.

Anyway, out of interest: How did the Punisher manage to kill Galactus in that storyline?

JR.
mjollnir2626
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "The Punisher" game a first person shooter or the third person? (is it called third person in video games?). I just ordered it and it on it's way and I realized I didn't know. I don't know what it is, I can ride roller coasters all day, any amusement ride and feel fantastic. I play one hour of a first person shooter and I feel like I am going to hurl! Very embarrassing Embarassed
While I am asking about this anyway, does any one reading this know of any WWII PS2 games that are not first person? Thanks for any help.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR wrote:
Anyway, out of interest: How did the Punisher manage to kill Galactus in that storyline?
JR.

As it is Punisher kills the Marvel Universe, Galactus was in another universe at the time so, he was out of the way, errrrr he was in a DC cross over event at the time so not in the Marvel universe, so he escaped.

Dunno really, he let him off with 10 hail marys and 2 holy fathers, and took into account previous good deeds.

Stop asking awkward questions!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: