Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil's Love life
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Matt Murdock's true Love, now that Karen's dead and he's anulled from Milla?
Black Widow
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Milla Donovan
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Echo
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Elektra
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Other via Post
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Daredevil's Love life Reply with quote

Who do you want to see Daredevil with now?

www.UltimateCentral.com
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You omitted one possibility, Man Without Fear: Attorney Kate Vinokur, introduced in DD Vol. 2 #22. She was a skilled 9and very attractive) professional, and she and DD enjoyed had a rather unique chemistry. I would welcome her return (and perhaps a love triangle involving her, Milla and Matt).
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to think he is really still in love with Milla, although Natasha is a strong temptation. But every fifteen-year-old male's dream was right there in his bed, for pity's sake, and he turned it down. Yeah, he still loves Milla.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he and the Widow really do still love each other but to a point realize it won't work, always seems like bad timing, but they are wonderful emotional support for eachother.
Elektra he holds a candle for, but it won't ever happen or work on unless we get a really REALLY clever writer in the future (here's hoping for Peter David Rolling Eyes ).
Echo is over him, she found herself, that's what that whole arc was about, one more person in Matt's life moves on with out him. could imagine them as friends in the future but nothing more.
i really think that Matt still truly in his heart of hearts loves Milla and would try to make things work one more time before moving on to any other women.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen Page is Matt one true love. But, she is dead.

1) Elektra was Matt's first love. Could have turned "true" had it not been for their circumstances.

2) What Matt and the Widow have is not love.

3) Echo is a joke. Shouldn't even be a contender for "true" love. Don't see her coming back to the pages of DD, unless of course, David Mack becomes the writer.

4) Milla. Yeah, Matt married her. But, I don't think Matt is in love with her. I think that Bendis! is. Once he leaves the book, I sincerely doubt that the new writer will continue this "marraige." I hope its stays annuled.

5) Like Stephen, I too liked the Kate character. But, she is in no way a contender for true love (or love at all). I think we'll see Echo before we ever see Kate.

With Karen dead and Echo & Milla basically out of the loop, it's going to be interesting where Matt's love life leads to after Bendis! leaves the book. Will the new writer bring in his own female creation? I don't doubt it. And, I'm sure she'll be nothing but trouble for Matt. And, that is why his love life is so screwed up.

rgj
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Black Widow. You're right with the whole it's lust not love deal. But I love the chemistry.

Elektra is passed. When she appeared in DD #37 that sealed the deal for me. They've moved on from one another.

Karen's dead. Sad

Milla I wish was never brought into the comic (something about her being blind bugs me). Anyway, I hope they stay anulled and away from each other.

Kate was brought in for how many issues? (I don't even remember the girl... I'll go back and look... But hey, cmon I coulda used other Daredevil Women who've made appearances.

Echo - I love this character, I hope Marvel uses her in other ways. Hated Vision Quest, though.

My True answer is I hope Daredevil dies alone.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Lonewolf
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milla, its who id be in love with..... shes a hottie Very Happy. Plus he married her for god sakes, that says something. No matter what any other writer does after Bendis leaves, Milla is still going to be the first person that Matt married *unless there was someone else that we dont know about*
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was Glorianna, but of course she is deceased. Contrary to what Wolverine suggested recently, Matt has had very few romantic partners is not a lothario. Indeed, Matt's relationships with women have been very short-lived (including his relationship with Karen, which was often tumultuous and star-crossed).
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on The Night Nurse. Hubba, hubba! Very Happy
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

train wrote:
My money is on The Night Nurse. Hubba, hubba! Very Happy

Dude, I just put that issue down... Yeah, she was pretty hott...

www.UltimateCentral.com
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

train wrote:
My money is on The Night Nurse.

Ah, yes. Can I vote again!? Excellent choice train. Could it be? The legacy of Bendis!, when all is said and done, no, not the outing or the Matt as Kingpin thing, but . . . the Night Nurse! Can't wait for the Visionaries: Bendis! collection!

rgj Razz
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foggy.
He's the traditional housewife, only male Wink (while dodging blows from the feminine element of the board)
Think of it, hes always doing Matts work, he was the last to be in on the secret identity and he nags Matt like no tomorrow

Seriously though, gotta be Milla
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EightiesCartoon wrote:
Foggy.
He's the traditional housewife, only male Wink (while dodging blows from the feminine element of the board)
Think of it, hes always doing Matts work, he was the last to be in on the secret identity and he nags Matt like no tomorrow

Seriously though, gotta be Milla

Shocked Forgot all about Foggy! He's known Matt longer than all these broads! Wink

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stephan
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I omitted the hapless Heather Glenn (an unfortunate victim of suicide). Oh my. Perhaps Matt should follow his Mother's example and forsake all others!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:

4) Milla. Yeah, Matt married her. But, I don't think Matt is in love with her. I think that Bendis! is. Once he leaves the book, I sincerely doubt that the new writer will continue this "marraige." I hope its stays annuled.

5) Like Stephen, I too liked the Kate character. But, she is in no way a contender for true love (or love at all). I think we'll see Echo before we ever see Kate.
rgj

WRT #4, I couldn't agree (or disagree) more. As for the disagreeing: I don't know why people say stuff like "I don't think Matt is in love with her". How hard does Bendis have to smash you over the face with it? At the end of King of Hell's Kitchen Matt loves Milla. There's no room for doubt there. He loves her. That's it.

As for agreeing: Milla's dead after Bendis. I think Milla is a great character. From her very first appearance on I think she's just great. However, she's just so....subtle. I can't imagine another writer being able to recreate what Bendis has done with her. I can't imagine another artist drawing her so perfectly either. So I think she's down the tubes after the current team leaves. Which is frickin' tragic if you think about it. As Bendis wraps up it'll be in the time that they skipped, the time Matt and Milla were together. Ideally Bendis will end his run with Matt and Milla happy together just so there will be a sort of bitter sweet ending as everyone knows what's coming next.

As for #5: Kate sucks. She's the opposite of Milla. Where Milla is made special by the subtle shading in her character, Kate, in my opinion, was "perfect girl for dummies". Oh, she's a lawyer? And flirty? And in underwear? Comon.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: