Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Blind Justice on ABC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you going to watch Blind Justice?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't give a rat's behind, it's not DAREDEVIL
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Blind Justice on ABC Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm moving it over here where it indeed belongs.

I liked the show, and it's not because it has any ties to DD, although a lot of people have tried to do just that. I like most of Bochco's shows, and have to have something to fill that void in my life on Tuesday nights now that NYPD Blue is gone. (Just kidding.)

The producers of this show are working to make it credible, and this article addresses that:

http://www.voiceofthenationsblind.org/articles/113/blind-justice-tvs-latest-attempt-at-portraying-blindness

This is a different article from the one that I posted in another thread.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't say i ever really liked any of Bochco's shows.
NYPD Blue iwas to young to watch when it began, and then 1nce i was old enough, it was too dramatic for me.
and what i remember of Hillstreet Blues was goofy, but i was 5, so..
but Law&Order isn't the same w/o Jerry Orbach, and all the other ones are getting a bit played out.
and as far as CSI goes, i could watch that for real in my college's basement.
that Numbers show, i hate math, and Medium, i don't know, too weird.
but i watched this, and it was pretty simple detective story, pretty much same old cliched characters, and new faces and actors, so i'll be wathing again.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's your chance to give it another shot...tonight at 9 Central time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10pm Eastern Wink
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the second episode? I missed it.

All that I know is that his wife walks out on him or something...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt it was better than the first one. Dunbar and his partner are called out to investigate a missing child. They go to interview the boy's brother and mother, and get the vibe that all is not well within this household.

Things are still not great at the precinct, with the lieutenant mandating that Dunbar see the shrink immediately as part of his probationary reinstatement. The other detectives are very skeptical of what he can really do as of yet, but the partner is beginning to warm up to him.

Dunbar's wife drops a bomb on him that they have been invited to a dinner party at her boss's house. He is not thrilled about going, but he doesn't want to be left out, so he accompanies her to an obviously high toned evening. Christie is busy trying to schmooze, leaving Jim by himself to the side, checking his watch way too often. From conversation, Jim gathers that his wife and the boss have been to dinner enough for him to know what kind of wine she drinks and how she likes her steak cooked. Seated at the table, Christie and the boss have some whispered conversation that Jim picks up on about going out of town on business. Jim spills a beer in his wife's lap to break up the conversation, and when the boss reaches over to mop it up with his napkin, Jim grabs his arm and tells him that if he doesn't get his hand out of his wife's crotch, he will break the guy's arm. Not exactly subtle. But it had me cheering that he wasn't taking this type of stuff off the other guy.

Later at home, Jim and his wife are still having an angry discussion about the night's events. Christie says that just because HE can't be faithful, didn't mean she couldn't be.

Jim has to talk to the department shrink, and he does his best to blow smoke up the shrink's tookis, but the shrink doesn't buy it. Good scene, as Jim asks the shrink if he is doing "this"...and gestures that 'fingers tapping together in front of the lips' that is so stereotypical of psychiatrists in movies. A clever moment.

Jim comes home the next night to find Christie with a bag packed and ready to walk out the door. He takes the dog and goes out to the park, where he sits alone in the rain. The last scene is Christie walking up and sitting down beside him on the park bench, and taking his hand.

Good episode, with some of the personal drama now weaving into the crime saga.

kyt
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the recap Reply with quote

Was distracted and missed some of this episode - enjoyed the recap. Filled in the gaps nicely.

Kyt
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an article about the show from CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/22/apontv.blind.justice.ap/index.html

If the show fails, it won't be because Ron Eldard isn't doing his homework.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: