Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil 2 Villain Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the villain in a Daredevil sequel?
Kingpin
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Owl
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Mr. Fear
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Daredevil 2 Villain Poll Reply with quote

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "no one" count? I think even the strongest holdouts are slowly coming around to admitting that there just ain't gonna be a DD2. No movie = no villian.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Lonewolf
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a Daredevil 2..... I still have faith that it will happen. Out of those I went with Mr. Fear, even though I havent even read an issue with him in it *ive only read DD vol 2 stuff*. Ive read alittle about him, and I think it would be cool with him. I would really like to see the Gladiator in a Daredevil movie, I think he would be pretty cool.
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that some kind of reworking of Mr Fear will happen (if MSJ is producing anyway). Kingpin will still be there I guess.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Mr. Fear talks these days. I hope Bendis uses him in Decalogue or Murdock Papers somewhere. Anyway Mr. Fear is just like the Scarecrow (You know the Batman Villain) and he's in Batman Begins and that's redundant and the last thing a Daredevil movie needs is critics saying that it's a Batman ripoff.

My vote is Owl pickin' at what remains of the Kingpins territories. I'm also all for the Melvin Potter subplot. An opening scene with him as the bad guy and then Murdock has to defend him and he comes the good guy by the films end. I'd also like Foggy to find out and more Karen Page.

Here's wishful thinking.... Terrance Stamp appearing would be awesome.

www.UltimateCentral.com
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hell's Kitchen is a mess without the Kingpin and Daredevil is working overtime. Owl has moved in as the new Kingpin kidnaps Karen somewhere in the movie. It is revealed at the end of the film that he is a mutant. Really creepy fight scene where he's flying at Daredevil and he's a pretty ugly guy.

2. Melvin Potter/Gladiator. Opening battle scene between Gladiator and Daredevil. Gladiator is doing what he's doing because his family is threatened by the new Kingpin (Owl). Murdock defends him and Potter helps him out in the end.

3. Foggy gets a hint of Murdock's double life and is doing his own investigation throughout the film. Testing his senses and asking uncomftorable questions. (Comedy)

4. Karen Page is dating Murdock and knows his secret already. She's a good hearted person but seems to have inner problems. She's occasionally useing drugs and is having trouble copeing with the fact her boyfriend is a superhero. But they are deeply in love.

5. Turk - I know Turk has been viewed as a villain but I've always thought he'd be good as Daredevil's main street informant. He tries hard to be a criminal mastermind but doesn't have the heart and relies on petty thefts that Daredevil usually foils on him. Daredevil pays him for information.

6. Ben Urich - Has become one of Matt's best friends and another informant.

7. So the cliffhanger has Karen leaving Matt, Kingpin returning, Bullseye has mysteriously disappeared from whereever he was held up at.

8. The third film is a mix between Born Again and Gaurdian Devil (but that's another story)

What do you think?

www.UltimateCentral.com
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the dynamic of Matt/Karen and Matt/Foggy here. I heard that Karen would play a more leading role in any sequel. Obviously Foggy as well. Also the Matt/Urich thing as well, I see it as kind of essential in any sequel.

I'm not too sure about the Owl. I don't see room for him AND Kingpin. I know Duncan had signed for a sequel, so I still see Kingpin as being more prominent.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think there's not going to be another one, but since hope springs eternal...I'd like to see more of the Kingpin and the new villian could be the Gladiator.
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpin is in jail, so i say Owl and gladiator and then at the end after DD beats the living hell outa owl we will see kingpin come back like in lowlife...i think
dmb
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Daredevil 2 Villain Poll Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
Quote:
I THINK THE VLLAIN SHOULD BE THE OWL AND NO KINGPIN.THEY SHOULD HAVE THE KINGPIN GO TO PRISON AND BRING HIM BACK IN DAREDEVIL 3 HAVE HIM GET OUT ON LEGAL TECHNICALITY AND ALSO BREAK BULLSEYE OUT OF PRISON. I THINK THE OWL WOULD BE A GOOD STOP GAP VILLAIN LIKE DOC OCK IN SPIDERMAN 2,PLUS I THINK THE OWL COULD BE MADE A VERY SCARY VILLAIN IF DONE RIGHT,PLUS IN THE COMIC BOOK THE OWL CAN GLIDE THAT WOULD BE A GOOD COTRAST DAREDVIL IS A ACROBAT FIGHTING AGAINST SOMEONE LIKE THE OWL,PLUS THEY SHOULD SEPARATE THEMSELVES FROM BATMAN BEGINS ,THEY SHOULDN'T USE MR FEAR.
dmb
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
A lot of Mr. Fear talks these days. I hope Bendis uses him in Decalogue or Murdock Papers somewhere. Anyway Mr. Fear is just like the Scarecrow (You know the Batman Villain) and he's in Batman Begins and that's redundant and the last thing a Daredevil movie needs is critics saying that it's a Batman ripoff.

My vote is Owl pickin' at what remains of the Kingpins territories. I'm also all for the Melvin Potter subplot. An opening scene with him as the bad guy and then Murdock has to defend him and he comes the good guy by the films end. I'd also like Foggy to find out and more Karen Page.

Here's wishful thinking.... Terrance Stamp appearing would be awesome.
Quote:
FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO AGREES. MARVEL HAS TO SEPARATE THEMSELVES FROM DC AND USING MR FEAR WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR BUSSINESS.AS FOR AS THE GOES THAT WOULD BE A GREAT STORY LINE AND THEY CAN ALSO LET KAREN PAGE PLAY A BIGGER ROLE AS MATT'S LOVE INTERST WHO GETS KIDNAPED BY THE OWL BECAUSE HE FOUND OUT THAT MATT IS DAREDEVIL BY THE KINGPIN FROM PRISON. Very Happy
spelk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after the more fleshed out Directors Cut, I'd still want to see more of Kingpin and DD duke it out. I think theres still a lot of mileage in that hero/villain relationship. A sequel if it were to happen would need to consolidate on all the taster stuff we got in the DC, rather than start and introduce new characters to the mix. I feel we didn't get enough of DD and Kingpin in the first film, it would be wise to flesh that out a lot more in the sequel than clutter the storyline up with more additional villains. However, I can't see them funding another film without a different villain. Filling in the background doesn't seem to be a priority with Superhero flicks nowadays.
Auzi
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One villian which is possibilly returning in DAREDEVIL-II is "KINGPIN" because in one of the oldest news MICHAEL CLARK DUNCAN did mentioned that he would do a sequel and has signed a two picture deal with '20thFox' for Daredevil!!!
Jack Faber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm many a fan is not going to like me for this, but I voted Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan filled the role and gave the Kingpin a reallife fighting style that matches the comics, so future fights would still be interesting. The Owl is not a personal favorite of mine, and frankly, I don't think the movie-going audience that hasn't read many comics would be ready for him. Mr. Fear seems more like a henchman than a villian. I can see him working under the Kingpin, much like Bullseye in the first movie. Personally, I'd like to see the Kingpin with the Gladiator forced against his will to do dirty work, with a possible cameo of Bullseye to kill off Karen Page or even Milla (a Bendis character would be a good touch). Just to complicate things, have the Black Widow show up to show some enjoyment in the DareDevil side of things. I know that's alot, but without a lengthy backstory to worry about, and if continuing right off the last movie's end, it can be pulled off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: