Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil 2 Villain Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the villain in a Daredevil sequel?
Kingpin
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Owl
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Mr. Fear
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

dmb
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
A lot of Mr. Fear talks these days. I hope Bendis uses him in Decalogue or Murdock Papers somewhere. Anyway Mr. Fear is just like the Scarecrow (You know the Batman Villain) and he's in Batman Begins and that's redundant and the last thing a Daredevil movie needs is critics saying that it's a Batman ripoff.

My vote is Owl pickin' at what remains of the Kingpins territories. I'm also all for the Melvin Potter subplot. An opening scene with him as the bad guy and then Murdock has to defend him and he comes the good guy by the films end. I'd also like Foggy to find out and more Karen Page.

Here's wishful thinking.... Terrance Stamp appearing would be awesome.
Quote:
FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO AGREES. MARVEL HAS TO SEPARATE THEMSELVES FROM DC AND USING MR FEAR WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR BUSSINESS.AS FOR AS THE GOES THAT WOULD BE A GREAT STORY LINE AND THEY CAN ALSO LET KAREN PAGE PLAY A BIGGER ROLE AS MATT'S LOVE INTERST WHO GETS KIDNAPED BY THE OWL BECAUSE HE FOUND OUT THAT MATT IS DAREDEVIL BY THE KINGPIN FROM PRISON. Very Happy
spelk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after the more fleshed out Directors Cut, I'd still want to see more of Kingpin and DD duke it out. I think theres still a lot of mileage in that hero/villain relationship. A sequel if it were to happen would need to consolidate on all the taster stuff we got in the DC, rather than start and introduce new characters to the mix. I feel we didn't get enough of DD and Kingpin in the first film, it would be wise to flesh that out a lot more in the sequel than clutter the storyline up with more additional villains. However, I can't see them funding another film without a different villain. Filling in the background doesn't seem to be a priority with Superhero flicks nowadays.
Auzi
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One villian which is possibilly returning in DAREDEVIL-II is "KINGPIN" because in one of the oldest news MICHAEL CLARK DUNCAN did mentioned that he would do a sequel and has signed a two picture deal with '20thFox' for Daredevil!!!
Jack Faber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm many a fan is not going to like me for this, but I voted Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan filled the role and gave the Kingpin a reallife fighting style that matches the comics, so future fights would still be interesting. The Owl is not a personal favorite of mine, and frankly, I don't think the movie-going audience that hasn't read many comics would be ready for him. Mr. Fear seems more like a henchman than a villian. I can see him working under the Kingpin, much like Bullseye in the first movie. Personally, I'd like to see the Kingpin with the Gladiator forced against his will to do dirty work, with a possible cameo of Bullseye to kill off Karen Page or even Milla (a Bendis character would be a good touch). Just to complicate things, have the Black Widow show up to show some enjoyment in the DareDevil side of things. I know that's alot, but without a lengthy backstory to worry about, and if continuing right off the last movie's end, it can be pulled off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: