Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

New Elektra statue. More advice for the marrying man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: New Elektra statue. More advice for the marrying man. Reply with quote

Okay. Has anyone taken a look at that amazing, and I mean AMAZING statue of Elektra by sideshowtoys.com? Okay. I just (pre) ordered the red statue. *Gulp.* $300 American. *Gulp.* Now, ordinarily, that would be no problem. But, uh, if you guys recall, I'm getting married in a couple of weeks. $300 bucks. *Gulp!* And, yep, I ordered it without, um, you know, "consulting." Now, my fiancee does know I collect statues. She couldn't believe I paid what I did ($300 plus) for the Attakus DD (Born Agian) statue. Not that she didn't think it was worth the money (in other words, she thought the quality was good), just that she thought it was alot for a statue. Although, I must say she did say it was a great looking statue.

Anyway. To all the married guys out there that collect expenisve stuff like statues. How the heck do I explain the statue when it comes in the mail??

rgj

p.s. Dear God. Have you guys seen this statue? Maybe I should get the white one too Razz
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go...blame it on us.

"Honey, look what the fine people on mwof.com sent us for a wedding present!"

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Justin K
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: You have to ask yourself one question... Reply with quote

Do you really need two (insert body part here)? I don't know... I am surprised you had $300 to spare. Having just experienced the financial strains of a wedding, I am now wiping away tears with the insides of my empty pockets. Next time try to consult... at least until statues are considered an impulse buy. All the best.

Justin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Elektra statue. More advice for the marrying man. Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
To all the married guys out there that collect expenisve stuff like statues. How the heck do I explain the statue when it comes in the mail??

First of all, it helps to have a very undestanding wife/finace. My lovely bride is tops in that category. She deals with my addiction very well. I don't regularly "go out with the guys" and don't have any major vices like drink/drug/nightlife. So this is a little treat from time to time that I endulge in. A female comparison would be something like having nails done, getting a facial or a new hair cut/color....none of these cost $300, but you get the idea.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lie. Like crazy.

"What's this? How much did this cost?"

"It was free."

Lying. What would we do without you?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what you're saying Justin. I guess I kind of saw this as my last purchase with freedom. Still, when the it arrives (perhaps sometime in October or something) I will definitly have to explain. And, you aren't kidding, weddings are $$expensive$$. And, I must say (in regards to train's comments) she is very understanding. I'm actually very much like train describes himself. Not having any major "vices" does help in cutting you some slack (this helps during football season too). And, while I do enjoy the extravaggant purchase now and then, she knows I'm very responsible about it. If I don't have it, I don't spend it. That helps too. As for james's response. Lie. That's crazy enough to work! Oh, the simplisity, itself. (to borrow from Alice's suggestion) "You see, honey, there was this "May Madness" tournament on the "Daredevil website" (that's what she call it, isn't that cute?), and, well, I wiped the floor with those guys/gals. They sent me this statue as a first prize. Razz

crafty, rgj
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe this or not, but I actually DID receive a free copy of The Punisher in the mail from Amazon (I think someone screwed up somewhere)
Ofcourse my bride was convinced I bought it from Amazon while I stood there with genuine confusion over the package
So we watch it and she's convinced I didn't pay money for this clunker (the credit card statement also proved I didn't pay for it, so that was probably the decider)
Thank God I never paid for this (God did we lay crap on it when we watched it)
So, I suppose you could do the Castle Move (TM) and lie (using my experience as an example) or you could simply fess up
Hey, like you say dude, you don't drink or smoke or do drugs, this is what you love so I'm sure she'll support you 100%
Otherwise, cancel that tux
(Kidding!)
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update. Problem solved.

Yesterday, I asked my fiancee what she thought if I were to order the statue. She said, "Fine. As long as we can afford it." Sweet. "We can! I'll order it today, sweetie!"

rgj Cool
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth Wink
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Just an update. Problem solved.

Yesterday, I asked my fiancee what she thought if I were to order the statue. She said, "Fine. As long as we can afford it." Sweet. "We can! I'll order it today, sweetie!"

rgj Cool

Did you check the car? Had she dented it that day? Is it without a wing mirror? Does she have another man....? (Sorry!)

Think about this one, your balls are hers now, everytime something comes up, "Well Rgj honey, you did have that expensive statue didn't you? You wouldn't want little ole me to go without my new ........whatever!"

Your ass is grass my friend!

By the way, what does anyone else think about getting Kuljit to start a MWOF "Marriage Guidance" section on the Board?
MercifulAvatar
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By buying it before the wedding she can't take half of it after kicking yer ass to the curb. This is your starter marriage, right?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercifulAvatar wrote:
By buying it before the wedding she can't take half of it after kicking yer ass to the curb. This is your starter marriage, right?

Starter marriage! LOL! I had one of those. When I left he got everything but the clothes on my back and the car that I had to finish paying for. Seems his godfather was also his lawyer...so the part about the woman taking everything is fiction, not fact.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys, don't worry about me. I have everything under control!

rgj

interesting, I will now press the "submit" button to post this
MercifulAvatar
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darediva wrote:
MercifulAvatar wrote:

Starter marriage! LOL! I had one of those. When I left he got everything but the clothes on my back and the car that I had to finish paying for. Seems his godfather was also his lawyer...so the part about the woman taking everything is fiction, not fact.

I did say "half" not everything. Wink And I was speaking from experience, not Divorce Mythos. But generally, you should get to keep whatever you came in with...
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercifulAvatar wrote:
Darediva wrote:
MercifulAvatar wrote:

I did say "half" not everything. Wink And I was speaking from experience, not Divorce Mythos. But generally, you should get to keep whatever you came in with...

Which, at 18, wasn't much at all. Smile Back then, I was doing good to get the 1975 Bobcat wagon that wasn't paid for!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: