Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will DD be the mystery avenger?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
train needs to get a life
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:

Try this on for size jackass.

I'm laughing at you because how people like you register on comic book forums and somehow think they now have the right to play the resident shrink.

Castle's got a point. I have to accept the fact that you're very young. Do you like Hot Wheels? How about Transformers? I loved Rodimus Prime, myself.

I'm not playing "shrink" in the sense that I'm "analyzing" you. I'm playing "surgeon" as far as "dissecting bad arguments". So if anything's making you mad, it's that people like me think they can PLAY A DOCTOR ON THE INTERNET. (The nerve~!)

TheManWithoutFear wrote:

I'm really upset that it comes down to this but you've gotten me so mad that I'll say it.

...? Some point so powerful, I'll listen?

TheManWithoutFear wrote:

If there wasn't a computer between us I'd seriously beat the condescending attitude right out of you.

...oh. I hope it made you feel better writing that, because again, I'm not impressed. Let me know when you fly to Austin, I'll pick you up at the airport. Will this be before or after military conditioning? I need to know so I can train too.

You're so cute. You remind me of those people that put as an away message the very same thing they've got in their AIM profile. "WILL SOMEBODY NOTICE ME?! WILL SOMEBODY NOTICE MY LIFE PHILOSOPHY?!"

TheManWithoutFear wrote:

How dare you try to judge me from posts online. How dare you try to tell me what I'm fit or unfit for. You're grandfather and father were military men? So that means you can judge me? What the hell do you do with your life? Probably hide behind your books and you get your kicks by putting other people down whenever you see even the weakest opening too. I don't have to deal with your crap at all.

You don't have to deal with it...but you are. You're letting your feathers get ruffled--and I get off on that. (Hey, why lie?)

No, the fact that my dad and "grandpappy" if you weeeeell were in the Air Force doesn't give me a right to judge you. Your posts give me the right to judge you. Again, the only reason I bring it up is because you wanted to throw that AF information in there like I'm supposed to bow down.

Air Force isn't all about brute force, either. You have to use your mind. Which means you can't immediately resort to violence...or in your case, the threat of it.

"Hide behind my books"? Well if you mean "earned a degree and is now attending grad school", then yeah. Here's me hiding at a halloween party (on the right):

Here's what I date:

And this is my life:

I tell these girls they're all fat, since it's the "weakest opening". They LOVE it.

TheManWithoutFear wrote:

And anyone who wants to support this jackass can just go to hell with him.

Will YOU support me? C'mon, it'll be fun. You can be my jock strap.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't I vote for "yes" and "train needs to get a life"? Both seem to be pretty obviously true at this point.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up. You're too much.

www.UltimateCentral.com
udaku
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe I'm reading too much into this... Reply with quote

train wrote:
Does this mean that DD is in fact the "mystery avenger"?

I'm not sure if this has been answered -- I stopped reading the posts when it looked like some people were arguing.

Anyway, I thought Quesada had announced at Mega Con that Matt Murdock was the mystery Avenger. I can't find the link but I'll keep looking.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley wrote:
There're reasons your logical battles are becoming harder to fight on your own, necessitating "backup".

In no particular order, they are:
1) you're wrong

Quote:
NEW AVENGERS VOLUME 2: SENTRY HC

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, art by Steve McNiven.

The Avengers try to help the most powerful super-hero in the world figure out who he is and where he came from. But will this knowledge destroy the man they are trying to help? Plus: For an entire year, all of comicdom has been asking: Who is the mystery Avenger: Well, Ronin is here and just in time as one of the powerful villains from the Breakout has already set up show and needs to be taken down before any more damage can be done.Who is Ronin? Here's a hint: He's not Daredevil.

In the words of one of our better members... na na...

How's that for maturity...

www.UltimateCentral.com
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid, you're about as sharp as a beach ball. Leave the ending one-liners to me, because you blew it again.

The point of contention WASN'T "it's Daredevil", it was "was Bendis talking about Daredevil?"

DO YOU GET THAT? Or do I need to ultimize it?

Hold on--I bet you're just going to write this off as me changing my stance. Let's pull proof that I already thought this, shall we?

I, on the first page, wrote:
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. In your warped thought process, you think the argument is "who's the mystery avenger?", thus the 'who is right' is only determined by the end result.

INCORRECT.

In fact, the odd thing about it is that YOU brought up the argument, which is in fact "does Bendis allude to Daredevil with the statement that Train bolded?"

So, to my point, you say "there's no correlation to anything Bendis says in that interview and Daredevil."

Do you get it now? Or do I have to keep hammering the point home?

As long as we're quoting ourselves, you might want to pick the arguments you didn't get beaten on.

...Of course, there aren't any, so your silence should be the name of the game.

In conclusion, the portion you quoted me as saying is still correct: you are wrong.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid? Twisted Evil

www.UltimateCentral.com
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.

For someone that wants threads closed, merged, and actually cares about that stuff--the one word post seems like it would be beneath you.

So then, you conceded, you changed your mind because you thought you had a leg to stand on, I kicked it out from under you, and now you want to play semantics...with me, of all people.

You'll notice this "backup" you've wanted still is nowhere to be found. That's the correct response.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley wrote:
Yeah.

For someone that wants threads closed, merged, and actually cares about that stuff--the one word post seems like it would be beneath you.

So then, you conceded, you changed your mind because you thought you had a leg to stand on, I kicked it out from under you, and now you want to play semantics...with me, of all people.

You'll notice this "backup" you've wanted still is nowhere to be found. That's the correct response.

And you had one backup? You're the cool kid and I'm the loser who eats lunch by himself... congratulations. And no one kicks my legs out from under me. I believe that I'm still correct. This whole board can tell me I'm wrong I have "backup" on the matter (which I have brought to others attention) and they seem to legitimately (not Ultimately *snicker sniker* Rolling Eyes ) agree with me. Nothing's beneath me. I've been waiting for this thread to get closed ever since you turned it into a personal attack on me... but no one's rung the bell yet Twisted Evil

www.UltimateCentral.com
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
Stanley wrote:
Yeah.

And you had one backup? You're the cool kid and I'm the loser who eats lunch by himself... congratulations. And no one kicks my legs out from under me. I believe that I'm still correct. This whole board can tell me I'm wrong I have "backup" on the matter (which I have brought to others attention) and they seem to legitimately (not Ultimately *snicker sniker* Rolling Eyes ) agree with me. Nothing's beneath me. I've been waiting for this thread to get closed ever since you turned it into a personal attack on me... but no one's rung the bell yet Twisted Evil

Consider the bell rung. I tried to let this thread die on its own, but it looks like that won't happen, so I'm closing it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: