Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL THE CARTOON.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WILL THERE BE A DAREDEVIL CARTOON SERIES?
A=YES
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
B=NO
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

dmb
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: DAREDEVIL THE CARTOON. Reply with quote

A DAREDEVIL CARTOON SERIES IS NEXT STEP.JUST LIKE BLADE.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see a lawyer being marketable to children, DD would be severely compromised to make this good for kids. I don't think after the film that DD has any mass market appeal, DD is a niche pulp hero, we are his niche!
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Privateer speaks the truth
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said it has to be marketed to kids?

It could be a great mini-series...ala the SPAWN HBO series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'LL VOTE IF YOU FIND YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY.

Unless you're in reality Samuel L. Jackson. Then, that's just how you talk.
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley wrote:
I'LL VOTE IF YOU FIND YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY.

Unless you're in reality Samuel L. Jackson. Then, that's just how you talk.

If it is him I think you'd better vote! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There won't be a DD cartoon and that's a shame. Crying or Very sad

But what's even more sad is they were planning to create an adult geared DD cartoon back in 1999 and it was never made.
http://daredevil.dreamhost.com/tv.htm
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this...

"Daredevil and Lightning" ...it's good that didn't happen...

But THESE

Look like they had potential.

It's a little sad...this article mentions that the show was actually accepted (given the greenlight I guess?) by FOX but no one ever followed through with it.

I guess it was a better decision to make ELEKTRA than go through with the series Rolling Eyes Cool
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zminusx wrote:

I remember this...

"Daredevil and Lightning" doesn't sound to adult-themed though... Cool

edit: Nevermind.
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
zminusx wrote:

I remember this...

"Daredevil and Lightning" doesn't sound to adult-themed though... Cool

edit: Nevermind.

Yeah I didn't notice the series you meant at first, since the dog show was at the top and the other one was at the bottom Wink
spelk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'd LOVE a DD cartoon to invigorate the DD scene, I think it won't happen. Unless, something radical happens, like DD makes a cameo appearance in the next Spiderman movie, and he can be introduced to the cartoon watching public, I can't see him fronting his own show and pulling in the numbers.

Before the DD film was released there was a DVD released with the DD/Spiderman episodes of the 80's cartoon released, so that any enthusiastic fallout from the movie could cash in on the DD/Spidey thing. But its hit budget quite swiftly, which probably says volumes about DD's popularity. He's always been a marginal hero, with bags of credibility with fans, but not much drawing potential. Certainly not as much as say Spiderman or even The Hulk.

I really enjoyed the CGI Spiderman series released on DVD, and I'd love a similar 'up to date' CGI DD series, but I can't see it happening. DD is and always has been too "fringe". Which is a great part of his appeal actually.

I was devastated when I found out the DD game (for current games consoles) was cancelled. I bought the GBA version and enjoyed it, but was really looking forward to playing DD in a fully realised 3d environment. Spidey got his game. Hulk and Batman have theirs. Even The Punisher made it. But DD had his game cancelled... sad day for me that was.
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spelk wrote:
I was devastated when I found out the DD game (for current games consoles) was cancelled. I bought the GBA version and enjoyed it, but was really looking forward to playing DD in a fully realised 3d environment. Spidey got his game. Hulk and Batman have theirs. Even The Punisher made it. But DD had his game cancelled... sad day for me that was.

It wasn't actually the game that was cancelled...the studio that was developing it was shut down.

IT was great to see Matt Murdock (and Black Widow) show up in the Punisher game.

...also...apparently Daredevil is likely to show up in the "RISE OF THE IMPERFECTS" Game coming out this fall.
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats that game all about??
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could do a great Daredevil cartoon that would just as entertaining to kids as well as the adults. There is more freedom there with an animated series than with the movies. I think that would be a great way to salvage the Daredevil franchise and re-establish in the entertainment industry before they make another movie.

Kevin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spelk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zminusx wrote:
...also...apparently Daredevil is likely to show up in the "RISE OF THE IMPERFECTS" Game coming out this fall.

Yeah he's in there and Elektra, so finally my dream will come true. Still, I really wish they'd finished the DD game and the studio had survived. The DD thing has past us now, and I see very little motivation for anyone to develop a DD centric game now. Unless of course we see DD2. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: