Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought / Thought 7-26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Bought / Thought 7-26 Reply with quote

Tell us about the new books you bought this week.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astro City Samaritan Special Great read. I love all things Astro City. This one was just good old school fun.

Powers #19 Another fantastic issue.

Books of Doom Premiere HC Haven't read it yet.

Captain America: Red Menace TPB Haven't read it yet.
pariah
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah man this was the kind of week that reminded why I love comic books.

Batman 655

Holy Crap!!! A Batman book that was actually fun!!!! It was funny at some points without seeming off, or out of character and the artwork was great, I can't ever remember a time when I checked out the 1st issue from a new creative team and was this pleased.

New Avengers 22

If Leinil Yu was a woman I'd kidnap her force her to marry me and force her to draw til her eyes and hands bled, every page just looked awesome, I practically wet myself when I saw that page of Cap and the gang coming to the rescue. The story itself was okay, I like alot of the points Luke made when he was arguing his point, but I still really hate the idea of civil war because it's really making me hate Iron Man, and Reed Richards

Daredevil 87

Kind of have a mixed reaction to this book. The dialogue was well written ( especially got a good laugh out of the news coverage of Frank and Matt's escape.) , but, it feels a little like Brubaker kind of forgot about Matt's senses when it came to the two big reveals of this issue, I could be wrong though, but nonetheless it stunted my enjoyment of this ish

A man called Kev 1

Garth Ennis makes me happy

Ultimates (everything I could find)

You ever pick up book completely after everyone's raved about it's brilliance and then feel like a complete tool for being the last one know?

and finally

a whole bunch of Jim Starlin Warlock back issues

God Starlin was insane, in that genius sort of way in the 70's.
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DareDevil #87 - See the dedicated thread.

Batman #655 - So far, so good. While some Bat villains can no longer be as cool as they once were (ex. The Penguin), certain pieces of the Bat mythology are only getting better. Thalia and her child with Bruce Wayne has aged to perfection.

Civil War : Frontline #4 - I still really like this book. It's less about continuity and more about creating a feel that these things are affecting more than just the top-flight heros. Very well done and completely essential to Civil War readers.

New Avengers #22 - Then again, these things do affect the top-flight heros too. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are in Bendis' wheelhouse and he really writes them well as a couple. Each retains their individual identities with the sum being greater. I'm expecting more with Jessica Drew up next month.

BATTLE POPE #9 - Still my favorite comic to read. I may like DD more and USM is my longest standing title. Then again, what other comic give you "Any port in a storm,"?
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova 4: I haven't liked the art, but I do love the character. The story was decent. This and Silver Surfer are the two to get from Annihilation. Can't wait for Annihilation #1.

Cap: One of the best Cap issues I've read. It was like a movie. Bru knows how to bring it all together.

Batman 655: Always liked the Kuberts. Too bad DC's quality of paper or color always makes a good artist look worse than they really are. But still the issue was solid. Guess Wayne and Murdock will see each other in Europe.

Eternals: haven't read.

DD: see thread.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few of my reviews from the last week:

Black Plague #1 Slugfest:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115425607456311.htm

Daredevil #87:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115436702424150.htm

Young Avengers: Sidekicks TPB:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115451760234662.htm

New Avengers #22:
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/115459465868999.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: