Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Should Matt practice law again in the future?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Should Matt practice law again in the future? Reply with quote

After being arrested by the feds, Matt's lost his ability to practice law and likely won't get it back until he has cleared of the charges laid against him. So should Matt practice law again in the future? Can you think of a way Matt could beat the charges, reorganize his life and get his law practice back?
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean a way that won't be instantly labelled as "stupid" or "lame" by some smart guy as soon as one writes it, despite the amount of "apparently stupid" ideas that have taken place in Bendis' run and that everyone has by now peacefully swallowed? Smile
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see it happen. It's a big part of the character and it'd be a shame to see it undone forever by the current stories (although they're great stories!).
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brubaker is the only current Marvel writer who I would trust with such a task. (Not even Loeb, Vaughan, Jenkins, etc.) Even then, Matt's return to law is a long time away.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt is obviously going to return to law. However, I doubt anyone (fans, editors, creative teams) are in a hurry to see it happen anytime soon. As long as there are non-lawyer related stories to tell I say tell 'em.

And on a personal note what I'd really like to see if Matt back at a legal clinic both because legal clinics rock and because I always thought the street law thing sort of fit with Matt's character. It's never going to happen though so whatever.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll return to law. That's what he does. It's part of what defines him.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
And on a personal note what I'd really like to see if Matt back at a legal clinic both because legal clinics rock and because I always thought the street law thing sort of fit with Matt's character. It's never going to happen though so whatever.

?

Are you being mopey? Razz

I could see a current or future DD writer putting Matt in a legal clinic setting... I would. Very Happy
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone must really miss the Nocenti issues..eh?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
james castle wrote:

?

Are you being mopey? Razz

I could see a current or future DD writer putting Matt in a legal clinic setting... I would. Very Happy

I dunno, I feel like it'd be a little too political. It's cool that DD's all high profile now but I think the book's popularity would prevent it from becoming too lefty or whatever. To me that suggests no legal clinic.

Oh Ann. Where art thou?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too lefty? I don't think that most comic book readers associate legal clinics with "lefty." None of that bichromatic U.S. politics left/right nonsense here; It's charity, like a soup kitchen...

If Marvel can right up Civil War with so much post-9/11 political atmosphere (especially in they way they make Iron Man, etc. look like such ignorant, violent, asses), then they can definitely have Matt work at a legal clinic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: