Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

B/T 8-30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: B/T 8-30 Reply with quote

What did you get this week? How did you like it?

(I haven't been participating in my own threads recently. Sorry, I'm moving house again. 18th time in the last ten years.)
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: B/T 8-30 Reply with quote

DDmikeMN wrote:
What did you get this week? How did you like it?

(I haven't been participating in my own threads recently. Sorry, I'm moving house again. 18th time in the last ten years.)
Bloody Hell Mike!! 18 in 10 years, are you on the run or in some protection programme?!! I have just spent the past 7 months trying to move, finally moved early August, hence like you I have spent time away from the board. To make things worse the telecoms company can't seem to connect my broadband, thus net time is limited. Still it will be worth it in the long run I'm sure.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabuki #7 I have been reading it for free over at Newsarama.com, and I've read the rave reviews of it, so I decided to go for it. The artwork was out of this world amazing. The details of the blueprints.....wow. Although I'm not firm on the background and story I was still blown away by it. I'm going to have to pick up the old trades and read up on it. 10/10

Ultimate X-Men Annual #2 The first of Kirkman's X-Men that I've read in that I usually stick to the oversized hardcovers. A good read. 8/10

Kickback HC My shop just got this so I picked it up. Haven't finished it, but so far so good.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: just 2 comics Reply with quote

Kabuki: The Alchemy #7 - It's a dog's age between issues, but this one was really worth the wait. David Mack's work is such an inspiration. The passages about the difference between artists and wannabes are enough to get anybody down to work.

Captain Canuck: Legacy #1 - I didn't even know this was coming out, but I walked into the shop and the comic book guy was sorting through the week's new releases. I'm a proud Canadian, so I picked it up. It's a new Richard Comely story after 30 years, plus a new story featuring the misbegotten West Coast Captain Canuck. Interesting use of photos, just like 30 years ago, but the story is a little hard to follow.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trails of Shazam #1 - WOW! Cool
The art is off the hook! Plus, Winick has once again shown his diversity as a writer. Great story, well put together and the end promised that this will be a fascinating post-Infinite Crisis book! Shazam is getting crazy! Very Happy

52 - Alright. I don't really care much about Adam Strange or Animal Man. Starfire is fun, based on her Teen Titans adventures. Lobo is just a lame character in my opinion... basically, the characters focused on were pretty yawn. Can't wait for more Question, Steel, Morrow, etc. action! Razz

Teen Titans - Geoff Johns is a god of modern comics! Cool

Elongated Man Showcase (like Marvel Essentials) - So good! Definitely exceeds my expectations! Now, I can definitely understand Meltzer's love for the character, etc. Great, overlooked character!

Last edited by Forrest on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Star Superman #5 - These issues are coming out so far apart, it's hard to remember that the overarching story is Superman is dying. Morrison is very bold in telling that story and, thankfully, very successful in not turning it into a sentimental sob story. It has some ingenuity which is very difficult with a character over 70 years old.

UXM #2 - Other than their appearance in USM, the last UXM issue I read was last year's annual. I don't feel like I've missed much while, at the same time, my interest is sparked to catch up. Someone who hasn't kept up might not like this as much.

I also got the new Battlestar Gallactica series but haven't read it yet.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a big sale at my shop yesterday, so I bought some more stuff.

Absolute Dark Knight It's a beautiful piece of work. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Kraven's Last Hunt HC A classic Spider-man story. Actually makes Kraven seem pretty cool.

Kabuki 1/2 Haven't read it yet. I'm a sucker for the 1/2 issues as I can get them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: