Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Am I the only one?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Solomon Grundy!
Tombstone's nationality? I think he is American. An albino afro-american who gained superhuman strenght and durability by who knows what means, and then sharpened his teeth and fingernails to gain a threatening vampire-like appearence.
Still, I doubt that big guy to be Tombstone.

I agree about the fact that Bru could revamp old villains. Also, I think he has the potential to create new villains for DD's rogue gallery.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/previews/ddPREVIEWS.shtml?title=ddII91

Marvel says it's Tombstone.
nott4141
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rgj"]Not only is Tombstone making an appearance, but it seems Bru is going to try to give some cred to the Matador. Matador is not one of my favs, but maybe Bru might actually pull it off. Ole!rgj[/quote]

I once remember a posting on this site that had to do with histories for Ultimate DD characters. Does anyone have ideas for a revamped Matador? What can Brubaker do to make this a fairly respectable chaater?[/code]
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
http://www.manwithoutfear.com/previews/ddPREVIEWS.shtml?title=ddII91

Marvel says it's Tombstone.

Whoops, didn't check that (you know, to avoid storyline spoilers). Well, I can't wait to see how our hero will handle him.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francesco wrote:

I agree about the fact that Bru could revamp old villains. Also, I think he has the potential to create new villains for DD's rogue gallery.

Brubaker can do what Johns did Flash's rogues gallery, revamp some old villains and create same new ones at the same time.
greenwalrus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only two things to say:

1. This did an amzing job explaining Foggy's motivations for faking his death and abandoning Matt in a way that made sense and was in character. I was concerned that that would be difficult to pull it off.

2. I would have liked to see some acknowledgment that Karen Page was more than just another of Matt's girlfriends to Foggy. It seems like most of the writers since her death have forgotten that.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Foggy meant that Karen was a girlfriend just in a general sense of the thing. Just by the visual cue given to her death...I mean...I bet he could dwell on many things that have come across his lap due to Matt and Foggy's relationship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: