Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Updated Vol.1 HC Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Updated Vol.1 HC Info Reply with quote

For all of you wanting to know what was exactly in this updated Vol.1 HC, I offer some notes for you to help decide if you want this.

Basically, eveything in the original hc volume is here and they have added all tpb intros and such to this. Plus, the sketch art is beefed up at the back.

* - indicates not in the original vol.1 hc

The following is in order:

Intro by Tom Sullivan
*Intro by Ben Affleck
Issues 1-8
*Issue 1/2
*Afterword by Kevin Smith
*Intro by David Mack
Issues 9-11, 13-15
*Issue 12
* #1 Variant Cover, #2 Variant, Collected 3-issue cover, and #5 Variant ( all except the Collected 3-issue cover were not in the original )
*Two pages of Black Widow sketches and a Daredevil head sketch (an expansion of the single page in the original)
*One page of Echo designs
*Six pages which contain the entire first issue in pencils only (a few pages of this appear in the original)
*Mack cover and issue layouts with one new added sketch page
* Wizard #86 Cover (killer!)

This is quite thicker than the original one. There are NO new written pieces. What they've done is added all the tpb notes to this. In a way, this is truly an "absolute" edition. The only thing excluded is the DF B&W Sketch Variant cover.

I couldn't say no to this. I'm going to donate my original vol.1 hc to the local library.

Hope this helps someone decide about what they're going to do about upgrading.

C.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to buy this. I have the older HC, but I'm a sucker for new stuff. Grrr.......I'm such a tool.
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, it also corrects the printing error that appeared in issue 10 of the original hardcover!
Between this correction and the new additions of issues 1/2 and 12 I had pre-oredered this. I'm pretty pleased with it, not sure what I'll do with the old one...

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsoxfan7 wrote:
Don't forget, it also corrects the printing error that appeared in issue 10 of the original hardcover!
Between this correction and the new additions of issues 1/2 and 12 I had pre-oredered this. I'm pretty pleased with it, not sure what I'll do with the old one...

Give it to your local library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: