Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought / Thought 9-26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Bought / Thought 9-26 Reply with quote

What did you think of your new books this week?
MWOF
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. They haven't come out yet. Wink

Kev
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil 6 HC Looks absolutely beautiful. The sketches and watercolors in the back are amazing. Very cool.

Daredevil #89 Bought it even though I prefer to stick to trades/hardcovers. Great story. I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Ultimate Spider-man #100 Appears to be Clone Saga done right.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late on some of these:

DD #89 - LOVED it!!!

Flash #4 - ...give me an issue without a Jay, Barry, or Wally moment and I begin to realize the poor writing in this book and the grim reality that this book will not star Jay, Barry or even Wally. Drop.

Green Lantern #13 - WOW! Geoff Johns is amazing and this GL arc proves it! 52 is going to be crazy.

52 #21 - Go Ralph Dibny! He's tieing with the Question for my favorite 52 character, thus far. Also in this issue, we are reminded that Luthor is a bad, bad, bad man. Razz

Martian Manhunter #2 - Lieberman is the most underrated writer today! Brilliant work!

...I can't wait to leave work and read JLA #2 and Captain America #22!!! Very Happy
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the very late post, but I only finished reading them late last week.

52 WEEK #21 $2.50 - Good stuff, just wish that it could be balanced a bit more between characters, though as said above, it reminds everyone why Lex is a $h!t.

AMERICAN WAY #8 (OF $2.99 - Amazing comic and I feel like the only one who's been reading it, great bold story, something very different, I would highly recommend this for those who like something different from the ordinary.

BATMAN #657 $2.99 - I can't make up my mind if Morrisson's tongue is pushing through his cheek or just wanting to make Bats suffer in an unusual way, it is a different read I'll give him that, it has good twists, appears to be light-hearted and then bites you in the arse.

BITE CLUB VAMPIRE CRIME UNIT #5 (OF 5) (MR) $2.99 - Really enjoyed this series, but felt that this delayed last issue really petered out to nothing, it was like having a wonderful impressive fire work display and then the finale is a duff fire work that doesn't go off properly. Being fair, I couldn't see where it was going running up to the final issue, there is still loads left open, so there is more to this series, but I feel that it may be it.

LOVELESS #11 (MR) $2.99 - Dark, black, powerful, moody, excellent grim stuff, this may read better as trades than individual issues though.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #22 CW $2.99 - Great issue, really good character writing for Agent13, Sharon Carter, good twist to show how this Civil War arc will fit in with the other Cap story-lines thus far. Good writing from Bru again. If anyone is really enjoying EB's DD, they must check out his Cap as it is of a massively high standard and as refreshing to read as his DD.

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE #6 (OF 11) $2.99 - Great book, a real great idea to supplement the main CW title with a back up title, I'm sure that this format will be used again. Though I agree with the comments that I've seen online about the time shift to the 1960's for the Speedball cliffhanger.

DAREDEVIL #89 $2.99 - Good stuff again, Bendis is long gone now, and who would have thought it after such a long run. Just want more, want to see where it is going. But to geek out, I agree with other comments of MM wants to remain anonymous yet springs out in his DD costume, could he have not just used a disguise or something else, surely DD will make the news etc? Sorry, geeky point.

DAREDEVIL SKETCH VAR #89 $2.99 - I got this, it was in my LCS for £10, that $17.50 to you lot across the pond, shocking. I reported to the Police that I was mugged in my LCS.

ETERNALS #4 (OF 6) $3.99 - Still haven't read yet.

PUNISHER #38 (MR) $2.99 - Good set-up, the story starts next issue, I always enjoy the political set-up before the Pun does his thing. I just hope that O'Brien will be okay, but according to the preview text, it don't sound too good.

ULTIMATES 2 #12 $3.99 - This is the standard that all comics need to aim for, bar none. Someone show me a comic that is better than this. This ships late and is well worth the wait, the art is amazing, the story is amazing, all the slow planning and build up are worth it all now. Where was Perun though? He's the only one not to appear, can't wait for final issue. I am just soooooo worried that the new team for Ults3 will not be able to match this, I would not want to follow MM & BH on this title. I hate the fact that I am praising a Scotsman too! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: