Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Fan/ audition film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devokees
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Daredevil Fan/ audition film Reply with quote

Hey everyone.
About a month ago I submitted my final fake audition trailer/ fan film in hopes of being looked at for the next daredevil. So far feed back has been luke warm. I was just wondering what you all thought in the daredevil community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswdUFv0xN0

I really hope you all enjoy it, everyone attached to this project worked really hard.

Thanks to Kuljit Mithra for the awesome interview, and for the support. Long Live old Horn head!!!
Will Devokees
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

as a film student myself I know how difficult it can be, even just to make a couple minutes long documentary. Pre-production, production, post-production etc...alot of the time, things dont go your way. With that in mind, I think you pulled off a good job. You have a vaiety of subjects, locations, and props, that makes it look more professional.

I like the way you stood and talked like Matt does too. So, for a fan trailer, I think you did good.

However, I wouldnt count on being picked for the DD reboot. Remember how badly the last one is seen in the eyes of the public. I dont think the studios will take any risks by hiring an unestablished actor at this point.

Though, if they ever did a short tv series, or web series, you may get a look in.
Devokees
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-N-Bone - I agree with you 101 percent. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to try, I was hoping they would make a tv show, I think DD fans would feel more comfortable with me in a tv show than a movie. A lot of them have a specific actor in mind. But who knows... if I don't get an audition it's no problem. I am just happy I tried.

And you pretty much nailed it on the head as far as making student films. Was pretty rough, people not committing, having to travel to locations that are 7 hrs away. It just sucked. But it was a learning experience, and is all that counts!

Thank you very much for checking it out! And for being respectful, most people on the web have been really rude and disrespectful. I know not everyone will like me, but atleast do it in a professional manner, and tell me what I could work on as an actor. Most of the comments I get are " Man, Ben Affleck was better, and that says something...." I find it funny, but if they really think I am that bad, what can I work on. So I appreciate the honesty you have shown in a respectful manner.
Thanks man! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, I want to say that I really admire you for taking on this project. You went far beyond what most people would even consider doing for a fan film piece, and I think you did quite well.

Every actor starts out as an unknown, so keep it up. I could see you in this role. I wish someone would do a tv series. It could be just the right vehicle for the character, and possibly for you.

Thanks for putting this together, and best to you in your future endeavors.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7hours? Damn thats a long journey. I get annoyed when I've had to travel just three hours out lol

But you put in the work and it shows.

Dont worry about people and they're unexplained stupid criticisms. The majority wont understand what it takes to make a film/commercial/documentary/trailer that not only looks good but entertains. Depending on budget and resources it can be very difficult.

Man you should see some of the films I've made...they are TERRIBLE!!! but at the time you just give it your best shot. I would never dream of tackling DD like you did.
Devokees
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DareDiva: Thank you very much! I figured I owed it to the character and myself to do the best job possible to my ability! It was stressful but a lot of fun! I would love doing a tv or web series, I just hope some one considers me! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Ash-n-bone: Yeah man, did that for like every weekend from september thru november. Really makes me wish I had a cord to hook my ipod to my car! LOL
I understand a lot of people don't get all that goes into a film, especially one as small as this... especially when you are a student and have no money lol. This was very difficult!

LOL hell, I am so crazy that I even caught my self on fire and burnt my leg really bad just to try to do something cool for people to see, people still bitched. But the scar I have... man it might be forever... but it was worth it!

I would love to see some of your films. you can view my other films on my youtube youtube.com/devokees, a lot of terrible but fun stuff on there. But when tackling a character with a big fan base... of course you are going to get mixed feed back, I even sat and said to myself... "Should I do this?" I really debated to do this or not... and decided to just dive into it. Hell if you ever wanted to do a daredevil short, let me know, I'd love to help out, even if I am not acting, if you want a dp or something.

Thanks guys!
Will Devokees
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yes the ipod is aa Godsend

Seriously man, I think it was a good decision to make it. I may sound somewhat deep here, but whats the point of life without taking risks?

I will check some of your films too. Unfourtanately I live way out here in England, but if I ever visit the States, I would luv to do something DD related with you!

What are your expectations of David Slade's reboot btw?
Devokees
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash-N-Bone: Yes it is, I just downloaded a few soundtrack last night. Captain America, The change up, and rise of the planet of the apes. Music always inspires me!
I agree... this was a big risk... and cost a lot of money... but it was worth it! It was definitely a learning experience and I did something I never thought I would do.
I do want to visit the UK some time, only problem is Money. If I do happen to venture over there I'll let you know. I love traveling!
As far as David Slade's reboot. I expect nothing less than fantastic! I believe this guy can really give Murdock the darkness he deserves. He is quite a visionary, and a great story teller. He is also good at knowing how, where and where to move the camera! There is a good team working on this, I just hope fox lets them do a rated R as opposed to pg13 I know it might cut back how much money it will make opening weekend... but... it just in my opinion needs to be dark. I know Dark knight was relatively dark for pg 13... so who knows.

I always wondered if he had seen my daredevil trailer. I follow him on twitter, but I doubt he has seen it. I think at the very least he would respect the fact that I did most of that on my own.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I find soundtracks the most inspiring too. I havent heard any of the ones you just mentioned but my favourites include The Godfather, and Hans Zimmer's music on the Lion King

Yeah man, maybe we will cross paths one day, you never know!

I totally agree about the film. I really like Slade's stuff. 30 Days of Night was amazing. Hard Candy too. And he's directed episodes of Breaking Bad right?
I think he is the right choice for DD. Dark is definitely the way to go, but I think it should be a different type of dark to batman. I hope that both he and Brad Kane can capture the gritty street feel that's in the comics. The first film lacked that.

Can you send links via twitter? Maybe you should msg him and then post the link.
Devokees
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, That is all I really buy, on occasion I'll buy a song by itself. I loved the Lion king ost.

Yes, slade has done an episode or two of breaking bad, which is considered one of the best shows on television. I am totally confident this man will do what needs to be done.

You can, and I have once sent the trailer to him, but I am not sure how twitter really works. I am more of a facebook guy. You can add me if anyone wants. Just search Will Devokees. I would send it again, but I think once is enough. I just figured he would twitter me back or something. Never really heard back from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: