Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Fan Meet-ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bratface
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Fan Meet-ups Reply with quote

Hello--

I have been to a number of cons this year and see dozens of Deadpools and dozens of Spidermans...er...men...

Where are the Daredevils?! Would anyone be up for doing a meetup of fans in and out of costume at an upcoming event?

I'm thinking it would be pretty damn cool to swarm in on ComicCon Very Happy Anyone interested?

Anyone?

-D-
GrinchieDog
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have a chance (10%!!!) of making it to ComicCon and it would be great to meet up. I am costumeless however.

I went to Wondercon this weekend and ran into an awesome Daredevil, who was accompanied by Elektra. I have a photo and may be able to attach to this site ( I sent a note to Kuljit for possible assistance - I'm computer challenged). Anyway, in hindsight, I should have asked this DDer if he was a MWFer. His costume rocked.

-Grinchiedog

p.s. I saw a Daredevil at the 2013 Wondercon as well as a gentleman wearing the famous "I'm not Daredevil" red shirt.
Bratface
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I would have loved to see a costumed Daredevil! Smile I wore my Daredevil inspired dresses. I have been tossing around the idea of trying to put together something but 1) I'm 4'10 and 2) chubby 3) A woman. So...gotta come up withsomething creative so it doesn't look horrible. (spandex is not your friend when you are snack-sized)

I also won the Original Costume design for my Daredevil Alice in Wonderland dress. I'll see if I can't get the thumbs up to post it on the site since it's devil'y.

-D-
GrinchieDog
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Now that you mention DD dresses, there was a woman in front of me in line for Mark Waid's autograph in a DD dress. And this person then gave Mark a gift, making all of us in line look bad!!!! You by any chance?
Bratface
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Uuuurrrmmmm.....yeah. But I thought /everyone/ was bringing gifts!
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on going to Toronto Fan Expo. Can't cosplay (well, unless we want a gender-bent Foggy Nelson Laughing), but more than willing to meet up!
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bratface wrote:
I have been tossing around the idea of trying to put together something but 1) I'm 4'10 and 2) chubby 3) A woman. So...gotta come up withsomething creative so it doesn't look horrible. (spandex is not your friend when you are snack-sized)

I also won the Original Costume design for my Daredevil Alice in Wonderland dress. I'll see if I can't get the thumbs up to post it on the site since it's devil'y.

-D-

Five inches taller than you, same build, same gender, AND Orthodox Jewish, which means I regularly walk around in sleeves past the elbow, skirts past the knee, necklines over the collarbone, hair covered, and nothing form-fitting or clingy. (See my comment above about gender-bent Foggy. I might JUST pull off the version we saw around #32 with the oversized cap hiding his baldness.)

But congrats on winning! That's great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: