Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Comparing Daredevil to the other Netflix shows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Comparing Daredevil to the other Netflix shows Reply with quote

Now that the other Netflix shows have been released, how does Daredevil compare to the other Netflix shows.

I think I liked Daredevil season 1 the best, then season 1 of Jessica Jones, then season 2 of Daredevil, then Luke Cage season 1.

I have not seen Iron Fist yet, because the reviews have been pretty bad, which is a shame, I usually binge the Marvel Netfix shows in a couple of days.

I felt Daredevil season 1 was the most cohesive season of the bunch, both Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 felt disjointed (though I still liked Daredevil season 2 better then Luke Cage season 1) and I think Jessica Jones would have been perfect if they cut out 3 episodes.

Also bonus question, how does Daredevil compare to other shows like the Flash, Gotham, Arrow, Supergirl, Agents of SHIELD, etc?
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm six episodes in to Iron Fist and while it isn't as good as DD or Jessica Jones (my sister informed me earlier that it gets amazing near the end of episode nine though...) it's better than Luke Cage. I thought that was dull and I only finished because I started it and it was well acted.

Iron Fist is in no way bad and honestly, I can't take reviews seriously knowing how that business works.

Daredevil is still the best of the bunch for me. It started out with an incredible season and managed to evolve and still be brilliant in season 2.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Fist, to me, is the worst of the four, but I think it's in no way bad. I'd have loved a review thread (we don't need two or three, though).

I probably would go DDs1, JJ, DDs2, LC, IF.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that could of really improved Luke Cage was one of the villains backstories not being shown until right before he disappears. Could have been so much more involved in that character for all of those episodes.
obiwan570
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "great" list for netflix shows are DD season 2 then DD season 1, luke cage then jessica jones. iron fist was disappointing particularly the action scenes. a pity they may not have enough time to correct it in the defenders.

They should take a look at "into the badlands", Now that's a martial arts series. They should get a good witty script writer for the light tone of the show they were going for.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obiwan570 wrote:
My "great" list for netflix shows are DD season 2 then DD season 1, luke cage then jessica jones. iron fist was disappointing particularly the action scenes. a pity they may not have enough time to correct it in the defenders.

They should take a look at "into the badlands", Now that's a martial arts series. They should get a good witty script writer for the light tone of the show they were going for.

How can you have wire work alongside Daredevil though? It wouldn't work at all in that world.

I know Into The Badlands only just touches that Chinese cinema style but I'm guessing that's what you wanted Iron Fist to be closer to.
MarcWagz
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDS2 is my favorite of the shows.
DDs1 is my second favorite.

I really liked Elektra's character and I prefer the ninja part of daredevil to fighting low level street crime.

And I honestly hate seeing Daredevil use that black mask for so long in the first season.

I didn't like any of the other shows.

Luke Cage was mediocre and forgettable.

Jessica Jones was okay. Purple Man was great as a villain, but he died in a mediocre way. Why did Jessica randomly develop an immunity to his powers? Could we not have come up with an actual way to solve the problem?

Iron Fist should have been loved by me, but the fight scenes were awful, Danny was an annoying drama queen instead of being his happy go lucky self, and they killed so many of Danny's supporting characters (I mean Bride of 9 Spiders, the guy who kills iron fists... used as one off villains? what?)
How does Bride of Nine Spiders go from being an immortal weapon, an equal to Danny Rand, to being a one off mini-boss, whose special power is being a prostitute with poison needles. Her master plan for beating Danny in combat is to turn him on and get him to kiss her. There has to be some kind of negative message for women's rights in there.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say:

1. DD S2
2. DD S1
3. Luke Cage.
4. Jessica Jones
5. Iron Fist.

But to be honest doing a ranking just confirms that they're all pretty bad. I like DD the most...maybe just because it's DD? DD S2 wins just because of the Punisher who was basically the most interesting thing to come out of the Netflix shows so far.

Luke Cage was pretty good. At least it was a bit different and interesting.

Jessica Jones was boring as sin. The whole thing could have been two episodes.

Iron Fist is terrible. I've only watched 4 episodes so maybe it get better? But it is terrible. The fighting, the dialogue, the acting? All just terrible.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil is the best of the Netflix shows so far, but I prefer the first season to the second, in which I think the focus was too split between the Punisher, Elektra and the Hand. It's still an excellent show though.

After that I like Luke Cage. The acting is top-notch from top to bottom, and the show is so solidly grounded in Harlem. It really feels like the show knows what it's about, and it doesn't stray from that. The music is great, and I even liked Diamondback, who it seems everyone else hated.

Jessica Jones is okay, but I can't tell if my problem is the Jessica character or Krysten Ritter's portrayal of her. She doesn't show any range. All I can see about the character is that she's tough. She's in a bad mood 100% of the time, unless she's with Luke. I dislike Wolverine as a character for the same reasons. If all you do is scowl, bitch and complain, you're boring and annoying to be around. David Tennant was great as Killgrave though, and I have a crush on Rachael Taylor who plays Trish Walker.

I watched all of Iron Fist, and it's just such a precipitous drop in quality from the previous Netflix shows. It's as if this was the first show for everyone in the crew. I'm not sure if Finn Jones, who plays Danny, could have done anything to save it. The Meachams were horrible. I think the two worst things about it were the writing and direction, and no cast and crew can overcome that. I would, however, like to see a Daughters of the Dragon series, now that we have Colleen and Misty in the Netflix shows.
Dunning64
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix has plethora of series and movies. It has content for every age group and which is why I like to watch shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids and other series of my interest too. It was surprising for me when I started watching the kids’ content as actually got involved in it.
fubarthepanda
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but I really enjoyed Daredevil S1-3 and would put them at the top of the list. After that, I'd probably go with Punisher S1, followed by Jessica Jones S1. Luke Cage and Punisher S2 were OK. Defenders was a disappointment since the expectations were high, but was passable to watch. Wasn't a fan of Iron Fist or Jessica Jones S2-3, which were slow and padded. Overall, though, the high quality of the Netflix slows placed them heads taller over the superhero shows on the mainstream networks. But I am looking forward to the Disney+ shows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: