Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Matt Murdock’s age.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Matt Murdock’s age. Reply with quote

Something I think about from time to time. How old does everyone imagine Daredevil to be currently?

I know that’s a fuzzy thing to try to nail down, and most will have their own version they accept. Writers are always referencing things, and/or putting time stamps on events that aren’t always correct or don’t match what the last writer said. And of course Marvel’s sliding timescale varies depending on the writer or event.

Personally I see Matt as currently 38-39 years old based on a couple of things. The current line of thinking, at least that I’ve seen, is that the Marvel U is about 13 years old. That’s when Spidey, the FF, And the original Marvel heroes all first started operating, and yeah that 13 number varies sometimes depending on who’s saying.

That obviously means I see Matt as becoming DD at age 25-26. I know the Stan Lee origin has him younger, but that silver age origin doesn’t hold up. Every version of his origin keeps one thing consistent, that he put on the costume around the same time he and Foggy started Nelson & Murdock. That means four years of college, three of law school, and then passing the bar, so they were at least 25 or older.

I know Marvel would never admit that Daredevil (and also and especially Elektra) are about to hit the big 4-0, but assuming that 13 yr timeline is somewhat accepted, it’s the only thing that works.

Thoughts? Older? Younger?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirty-eight sounds about right to me.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go about 35, but the reasoning is about the same. Assuming he was 18 when he graduated College, 22 when he finished undergrad, 25 when he finished Law School, and he became Daredevil around the same time (there are varying versions of this, but he became DD after his dad died and I don't think there's any version where his dad saw him graduate. If his dad died during his second year, he would have a year before he became Daredevil). This would give him 10 years to be Daredevil before the present.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the current series I'd say 38-39
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: