Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #35 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #35?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #35 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #35 finally ships October 27th after a long wait from issue #34. Here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v6-035/

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issues ships!
Issue by Zdarsky, Landini, Mobili, Menyz and Cowles, with covers by Checchetto & Wilson, Jusko and a special Funko cover that will be released in November
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fine issue, and it feels like a step up from the last several, but there's still this sense of chaos, and it's not as climactic as it should be.

The characters are fine. I feel like this has been a strong period for Elektra's development as a hero. I liked her reunion with Matt, and I think it will lead to a stronger union between the two. I also liked Kingpin's dialogue with Izzy Libris. Chip Zdarsky shows very strong knowledge of who these characters are.

I think Stefano Landini and Francesco Mobili did a fine job filling in for Marco Checchetto, but given how this was the final issue of the "Lock Down" story, this should have really been a Checchetto issue. I also didn't think Typhoid was drawn to be distinctive enough from Elektra, and that made for some confusion. Mary's divided face would have been helpful.

But worse, some of the story elements were built up to lead up to not much. The cloning of the Bullseyes just ended up to them killing each other. A big showdown between Bullseye and Elektra ends up with Matt rushing in and punching him repeatedly. The cliffhanger from the last issue pays off with the Bullseyes running away.

And yes, Matt has acted heroically, but he's still convicted of a crime and hasn't yet served out his sentence, so how does anything Spidey or Kirsten says going to change that?

I have a feeling that someone is going to offer to reduce Matt's sentence, and that this time he will actually listen and accept the offer.

This series has been much more messy ever since the "King in Black" tie-ins, and that has made it a far less enjoyable read than it used to be. There is still good here, but you have to sift through some mess to find it. That's why I gave this a three.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fight with the Bullseyes was genuinely confusing. I had to re-read it a bunch of times and I still can't follow all the action. The concept itself was pretty amusing. Bullseye feels extremely unhinged. The ending was quite the surprise.

Three and a Half Stars. I think there was a lot to like, but I struggled to follow the fight scenes to the point it took me out of the story.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: