Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #9 Preview and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #9?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #9 Preview and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #9 by Zdarsky, Garcia, Wilson and Cowles came out today and here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v7-009/

Please use this thread for all discussion!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, doesn't this issue contain a neat little twist?

Honestly, I'm somewhat embarrassed that I didn't see that twist coming, given some of the characters that were present over this Red Fist saga. I'm thinking that Daredevil's lie detection skills should have prevented him from being fooled, but given the mystical elements at play, maybe that was accounted for.

When I first started reading this issue, I was thrown off a little by Manuel Garcia's art style. The opening page has a very 90s feel, and it felt like a step down from Marco Checchetto and Rafael de Latorre, but as I kept flipping pages, I became more comfortable. Garcia did a very good job especially with the twist and the ensuing violence. That cliffhanger splash page will be a favourite for many comics fans for a long time.

Daredevil's nobility takes a hit in his arguments with Doc Samson and Cole. Of course, the twist renders those arguments irrelevent.

I thought this was very good. I love hating the Stromwyns, and they're great here. Next issue is going to be wall-to-wall action, so I hope it's not too chaotic. I'm giving this one a 4.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very far behind in my reading so I'm catching up now. This was indeed a very powerful issue. No clue where it's all going.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: