Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

life after Bendis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

so, erm....whaddayathink?
Kirkman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Millar (we'd be lucky)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Miller (get over it, not gonna happen.)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Vietch
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Ennis
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Danny conway
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: life after Bendis? Reply with quote

sorry if this has been covered before.
who do you lot fancy to take over after the (inevitable and soon, surely) departure of the big man?
personally, every time i start to think about it i have to go and lie down.
i know he would have to take DD in an altogether different direction (who wouldnt?)- but my first thought is Robert Kirkman. havent really enjoyed his marvel stuff much yet, but the life and passion he brings to invincible might be the only direction DD has left to go in.
well whaddayathink?
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No love for David Hine? Is something akin to this conversation so far fetched?

Quesada: David, you're one of our rising stars. It's time for you to go to the next level. If you could have any book right now, what would it be?

Hine: Let me do DareDevil after Bendis leaves.

Q: I don't know. That's a pretty choice assignment.

H: Well, I've had this DareDevil story idea floating around in my head and I want to do it. How about we do it as a mini-series and if it sells well, then we'll look at me doing DareDevil full time?

Q: Sure, sounds like a plan.
Danny conway
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus! the cynicism of you people.
i wanted to include a ' your suggestion here' option but wasnt sure how.
i could envisage a quesada run and would give it the benefit of the doubt.
surely we'll get a bridge author for a while anyway?
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENNIS! man it would be mixing religion with horrid bloody deaths! man it would be jsut like the punisher Smile good stuff. i think it would be kol if he did one arch after that move on to anyone except.......MACK!!! Evil or Very Mad
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top_Quality wrote:
ENNIS! man it would be mixing religion with horrid bloody deaths! man it would be jsut like the punisher :) good stuff. i think it would be kol if he did one arch after that move on to anyone except.......MACK!!! :evil:

I couldn't disagree more. When DD has made appearances in Ennis' Punisher, it shows that he has absolutely no understanding of what makes the character tick. If Ennis wrote the book, I'd drop it.
DDFan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Bendis' run over??
Danny conway
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: when is bendis run over? Reply with quote

we dont know but all the signs are that hes tying his loose ends up with his last few story arcs.
called "golden years", "decalogue", erm and "the murdock papers" or something.
lookslike hes going then.
(he recently said something like -hes commited to 3 more DD arcs and 6 more avengers, perhaps revealing his intentions, or priorities.)
cas
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Bendis/Maleev run will end at #80, in December of this year.

Carrie
Danny conway
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, didnt realise hed given an unequivical answer. (or has he?)
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd like to see a more light hearted DD ( Very Happy ), for a change of pace. Bendis has reflected a very serious (dare I say "dark" Twisted Evil ) side of DD, which is quite appropriate considering [spoiler:b40305da09] Karen's death[/spoiler:b40305da09], vs. the late vol. 1 stuff, which reflected DD in his silly Silver Age glory. Also, I've appreciated the way that Bendis has handled [spoiler:b40305da09]Matt's reaction to his outing [/spoiler:b40305da09] as I feel that's exactly how a lawyer would handle such a situation! (Bendis never ceases to amaze me!) Still, I think it's time for a change. Perhaps this change could been seen in a more light hearted on going Ultimate DD, for which Kirkman, Chuck Dixon, etc. would excel.
So, my dream pick for new DD writer(/creative team) is the return of Karl Kessel Cool (& artist Cary Nord Cool ). That's my happy thought. Razz
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what. i'm not sure how to answer this question...i don;t think i'd want any old team on the job right away, just for a change of pace.
i have a laundry list of writers that i actually love now, most of them forced upon me because of my BF and his love of X-Men, so to many to choose from.
but if i had to choose anyone to write DD after Bendis i think it would be Peter David. I loved this guy since he wrote, and still writes Star Trek books. David's always been able to find the most obscure characteristic of any character and turn it into the most endearing, or enjoyable, or most fascinating for that moment of time he focuses on it.
New light on established characters.
But i'm gonna wait around and see what happens, we still got atleast seven months before they name someone for sure.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddess0Whim wrote:
you know what. i'm not sure how to answer this question...i don;t think i'd want any old team on the job right away, just for a change of pace.
i have a laundry list of writers that i actually love now...

Good points. I can see the advantages of new faces. I've been really digging Robert Kirkman's work. He has a playful writing style that reminds me of Ulitmate Spider-man. Of course Mark Miller would be excellent. I absolutely love Judd Winick's work! This guy is the new Bendis. Cool Just wait, in a year or two he'll be huge (well huger Smile ). He would write a fantastic Daredevil. It would likely have the more light hearted tone that I think he's needed, but not to the degree that Kirkman or Kessel would achieve. However, Winick would write incredibly sophisticated stories with wonderful characters and great action. (Check out his last Batman arc.)
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny you say that about Winninck because i thougth that myself last night...he's so good on EXILES i actually convinced myself to try some of his DC work..and i HATE DC! that guy is good! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: