Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Dream Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should step into BMB's big shoes?
David Lapham
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Ed Brubaker
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Mark Millar
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Someone else entirely
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Dream Writer Reply with quote

After reading that article on Newsarama with David Lapham and reading that he and Marvel have had discussions about him taking over the book, it got me to thinking. Now that the time is almost upon us, who do YOU think should take over the writing and art of the book. It can be any writer and artist, but try to be realistic. If you know for a fact that the writer is only doing stuff for DC, don't waste KM's bandwith. Also, no one is allowed to say that they want Bendis and Maleev to keep on going, because it is not gonna happen.

Now that it has occured to me, I think I will attach a poll to this, for the writer aspect at least.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry JR, I am supposed to constructing a masterpiece for our debate but I thought I would answer this first! It has to be Ed Brubaker, pure and simple.

If anyone reads Sleeper, (Now I always ask if people read things in the off topic but no one ever replies not even to say stop being annoying, stop reading such minority trash, stop wasting cyber space, yes I read it too, I like it lets discuss etc!!!) they will know how utterly great EB is. I am only dissappointed that Sleeper Vol2#12 will be his last, if he wasn't exclusive with Marvel then I hope it would continue. He can do everything, complex, action, slow boil / long term story, hard hitting etc. I think all this while reading Sleeper and it cries out to me, Heir to the Bendis! throne.

Ed Brubaker, step forward and claim your Billy club and devil suit!
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still like to see Hine/Gaydos transition their successful "Redemption" mini-series into writing the main title. I don't knwo how popular it is or if it's been selling. But I think they do a bang-up job and would like to see more.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ CAPTAIN AMERICA! Razz
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter David.

sci-fi, fantasy, comdedy, drama, action, and romance.

the man has it all.

either that or Douglas Adams...but i can't see him writing DD, even before his passing....maybe a what huh? but... Rolling Eyes Laughing
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Austen. Laughing

Seriously I believe Greg Rucka or Geoff Johns could do a good job.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: I want ELLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

He is good with horror,yes. He is awesome with sci-fi,definitely! But the bottom line is, he id just a killer of a writer. He is plain crazy is it! And craze is what I wanna see in DD. I want to see him do a Typhoid Mary story and not hold things back. Imagine that people, IMAGINE!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil needs to return to being a hardcore superhero, not a mental patient. I agree that I like stories of DD versus psychos like Typhoid and Bullseye, but I like them when DD is not also playing the psycho role. I like the stories when mentally sound heros like Spidey, Batman, Superman, etc. take on psychos.

Bendis had things right for a while. With the Hardcore arc, etc. he was writing some legendary DD stuff. Then, he wrote all that off as a mental breakdown and effectively removed some of the greatest DD/general superhero issues ever. DD needs to be a superhero again because that's who he is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: